Wife getting on board...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
So my first brew is bottled and conditioning... my second brew is at 9 days in primary and slowly finishing up... I went w a strong IPA recipe.

I have some I drew for a FG measurement sitting on the counter and the wife walks passed and smells it... she's like..."wow... that really smells like blue moon" (her fave.....) so that's good... she's like... that really smells good babe!

WOO HOO!!! hope its tastes as good!

That's cool and all, but you're only 9 days in. That beer tastes and smells nothing like it will when it's finished. Hopefully the wife likes it a month from now.

If the wife doesn't like it a month from now it may be time to get a new wife. :D

That's cool and all, but you're only 9 days in. That beer tastes and smells nothing like it will when it's finished. Hopefully the wife likes it a month from now.

If the wife doesn't like it a month from now it may be time to get a new wife. :D

Dang, I hope my brewing doesn't come to this. I've spent nearly 40 years getting this one trained and I'd sure hate to have to start over just because my wife didn't like the smell of my beer. :p

Yea you might want to get going on a Blue Moon clone as soon as possible. :) If she's like my wife and prefers fruity beers, she may not enjoy an IPA quite as much.

Hot dang! you got a keeper!

Mine was never much of a beer drinker until she met me.. As is typical she thought all beer tasted like Bud Light. I exposed her to other styles and she branched out, really liking Belgians and wheats. That was a few years ago. NOW she is REALLY into stout and porter (especially imperial versions) and even really liked a hop harvest IPA I got with dinner at the local brew pub! She still doesn't care a lot for "regular" IPA though... Still winning like charlie sheen.

Give her time. She will be all over the board just like the rest of us :)
And eventually she may even help brew.

I've got a weizenbock in secondary that's like Blue Moon squared. I let my wife try a little from the hydrometer reader when I transferred and had to talk her out of taking a whole glass of flat, not quite cold beer right then and there.

Patience, honey, it'll just get better...

Then again, I suppose I could have worse problems.

My wife isn't much of a beer drinker, however she does like certain beers. For example, a Sierra Nevada is too piney for her, but she enjoys a good porter (she's a hardcore coffee drinker), so she likes that roasted coffee flavor in porters.

Back