Holy friggin' college football today!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasdadhockey

Reaction score
Cincinnati beats Pitt 45-44 in the final minute, Alabama throttles Florida, Texas beats Nebraska 13-12 with a last second 46 yard FG. I don't care about any of these teams, but I couldn't take my eyes off the TV today. I need a beer!!!

forget all the others, give SUH the heisman. That guy is a beast

Did you see all the awards he's a finalist for? Sick.
Tebow sucked, McCoy sucked, Bama's Ingraham(sp?) looked real good. He'll probably win it. Defensive players never(rarely) win the Heisman.

Did you see all the awards he's a finalist for? Sick.
Tebow sucked, McCoy sucked, Bama's Ingraham(sp?) looked real good. He'll probably win it. Defensive players never(rarely) win the Heisman.

I still don't think i've ever seen a game where a defensive player has been that dominate throughout the entire game.

I was kinda hoping Texas would lose. They got lucky with the kick off outta bounds, and the horse collar. I would like to have seen TCU in the running. Is is amazing what Patterson has done with basically the 3rd or 4th culling of recruits down here.

Suh is amazing. My Grandpa played football for Nebraska. I've been a fan for as long as I can remember, and tonight was one of the most insane games I've seen. Oh well, at least now I will get to stop at the San Diego breweries on the way to and back from the Holiday Bowl. Stone is filling growlers with all their special releases on the 31st.

I still don't think i've ever seen a game where a defensive player has been that dominate throughout the entire game.

Couldn't agree more. He was Awesome and does deserve the nod. Unfortunately, we don't get to vote. Who was the last D-man to win the Heisman? Wasn't it Woodson in '96?

Couldn't agree more. He was Awesome and does deserve the nod. Unfortunately, we don't get to vote. Who was the last D-man to win the Heisman? Wasn't it Woodson in '96?

Yeah, and from what Herbie just said, Woodson had the added benefit that he was a return man. I doubt SUH will win, but man, the guy sure does deserve consideration. Really, i can't get over how he was able to dominate the game. If Nebraska had had a few better corners it could have been different. Or better yet, an offense that could hold the ball. What did they say at one point, no first downs between the first quarter and the forth or something like that for NU? Time of possession must be really lopsided and yet the guy was still making plays and throwing guys around like rag-dolls.

I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of him, probably on Sundays next year.

Damn, what a good day for football!!!!!

Good day indeed. I can see why he is listed at the top of Mel's big board. I think he'll transfer well to the league. I think he's a better bet than most any other player or position in the next draft.

It has no bearing nationally, but UConn beat South Florida on a field goal as time expired in the snow. USF took the lead with 40 seconds left but UConn got down the field in a hurry and won.

After losing five games by a total of 15 points, it was a fitting end to the regular season.

Thus ends my myopic view of college football today. :D

I don't know how I missed that.:confused:
no worries - seems like everyone else on HBT did as well! hahahaha!

I actually do a big bowl special with all the odds/angles etc. if you're into betting....for fun of course

It has no bearing nationally, but UConn beat South Florida on a field goal as time expired in the snow. USF took the lead with 40 seconds left but UConn got down the field in a hurry and won.

After losing five games by a total of 15 points, it was a fitting end to the regular season.

Thus ends my myopic view of college football today. :D

I tell ya shecky, UConn has played some great football this year! so which bowl are you going to?

Back