Tri-Clover blueprint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MachineShopBrewing

Reaction score
I did a little searching on this, but couldn't come up with anything. Does anyone have a good blueprint or drawing for tri-clover fittings, or know where to find one? A solid model would work also. I am a machinist and would like to make some if I could find some drawings for the pieces. I guess I could just buy one and reverse engineer it, but then I would have to buy one and buying one sucks if you can make them.:mug:

Alfa Laval is the parent company. You might be able to find something through them but I don't see why they or anyone else would release detailed machinist prints on those. I think the best your'e going to be able to find is something like this but it won't help you much for groove radii and such...

4322K212L.GIF

You might be able to find something through them but I don't see why they or anyone else would release detailed machinist prints on those.

I guess that is true, but from what I have read, they are a standard size, no? There wouldn't really be any intellectual property in that case, would there?

A print like that would work, I can figure out the groove radii, that is not that critical as long as the gasket will seal. I am sure they are small.

I guess that is true, but from what I have read, they are a standard size, no? There wouldn't really be any intellectual property in that case, would there?

A print like that would work, I can figure out the groove radii, that is not that critical as long as the gasket will seal. I am sure they are small.

Its not an intellectual property problem . Its just that there is no company that I know of that releases detailed machinists prints of most things they sell even if the patent rights are current or not. It wouldnt serve their interests. McMaster Carr has good general dimensional drawings for most of what they sell that will get you in ballpark. Thats where I'd start if I was backdoor engineering something.

Back