All-In-One Kit Survey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobHanson

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm currently doing my final year Product Design Engineering project, in which I'm looking at designing a consolidated all-grain home brewing kit. I'd really appreciate if a few folk could fill out this quick survey to give me a bit of user research data to work with.

The questions are simple and I've included comment boxes if you want to elaborate on any of the points.

Really appreciate it to those who give this a wee look.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TR9F2JH

Cheers,
Rob

This is an interesting project. I gave my feedback. Good luck to you.

Not sure what direction you are looking at, but BIAB is a big equipment saver. And I would think about some out of the box stuff like using the boil kettle for fermentation.

When you say canned, do you mean extract kits with a can of extract or canned, as in it is already laid out? Canned, is slang in the US for something that is already planned out or repetitive. i.e. when you ask someone if they are having a good day you usually get a canned response of "yes".

flips

Thanks flips. Yeah I use BIAB at home, and you're right it keeps things fairly neat. My project is early stage so still can go many directions.

Cheers for clearing that up about the cans, I'll try make that clearer on the survey. I was talking about things like the Coopers cans http://www.coopers.com.au/the-brewers-guild/brewing-products/brew-cans/original

Is there a more precise US term I could use instead here?

I'll keep everyone updated here as all the input and info I can get here is so valuable.

Rob

Those must be the kits that John Palmer refers to as cans of extract with a dry yeast packet taped to the bottom that sit on the shelves till a layer of dust forms on top. Luckily I have a very good (Northern Brewer) LHBS. Their kits are either extract or all grain, but they always make sure they are fresh, especially the yeast. You could probably just call them extract kits. There are varying levels of kit quality, from canned up to a fresh extract kit, but from what you are looking at it probably doesn't matter.

flips

Latest posts

Back