Hoover Model F Pin Lock Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eman79er

Reaction score
I'm always having a difficult time deciding what parts I need to go with my kegs since they are all Hoover and almost universally, only Cornelius and Firestone are discussed. Most recently, I'm trying to buy a post adapter, but since corny keg posts all have different (and mostly odd sized) thread patterns, I have to buy online, and would rather not buy the wrong one.

SO... For the most part it seems that my Hoovers are just a different brand of Firestone Pin Lock. Since my searching to be 100% certain on this has come up empty, I figured someone else has probably had the same problem, and perhaps through better luck or more patience has a surefire answer as to what parts work with these Hoover Kegs... With a title like that, the next guy to go looking should have better luck with the search function... the only caveat for the next guy being that they are unmodified.

Anyone out there want to nail this down?

Back