Are some brews doomed from the start?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
Ok, so back in August I brewed up NB FixedGear clone. Brew day was rushed. A few minor irritating mishaps along the way. Because of something that came up, it took almost 9 hours before I could pitch the yeast. Now close to 1 month after bottling it's not carbed... Tastes good but flat. I remember reading somewhere to turn the bottles over for awhile.... Guess I'll give it a shot. Hope everyone had a great weekend! CheersM

Providing you remembered to add the priming sigar, they will eventually get there.

What temperature are the bottles being stored at? cold slows everything down.

What temperature was the beer at for the few days before bottling. Cold will make yeast drop out, leaving less yeast to work on the priming sugar.

Don't worry, they will eventually get there.

I didn't clod crash, this is the first beer I transferred to secondary for dry hopping. The bottles have been near 70 deg for a month. When I cracked 1 tonight I got the very slightest of a phist and no head even pouring. I turned all the bottles upside down. And will check then again in a few. Thanks and cheers!

Back