eRIMS controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not, it depends on the element.

Max current. 15A at 120V, 10A at 240V

So if it was a 120V 1500 WATT element, it would pull 12.5 AMPS correct? So this little box could handle that if I direct wired a plug to a heater element? Would 1500 WATTS be enough?

I suppose it is just cheaper to do it the way everyone else does and you can control the look of your enclosure. I was just trying to bypass the labor of it all and just have it work.

Lafin said:
So if it was a 120V 1500 WATT element, it would pull 12.5 AMPS correct? So this little box could handle that if I direct wired a plug to a heater element? Would 1500 WATTS be enough?

My RIMS tube uses a 4600 watt 240 volt element running at 120 volts, so the operational wattage is around 1,100. This is enough wattage to hold a temp easily but with a 10 gallon batch it take about 10 minutes to raise the temp by 2 degrees. I either direct fire the mash tun or do an infusion step to hit a higher temp. If you are doing a single step mash without a mash out, you won't have to worry.

Back