All went smoothly...and then...DOH!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NaZdrowie

Reaction score
I dont think its a big deal, but after a smooth beginning to my NB Chinook IPA I finished it off with a brain fart. It was my first time using my Big Kahuna burner for the boil, first time using an immersion wort chiller, and first time with specialty grains. All that was figured out, tested and went smoothly until the very end as I pitched. This is my 3rd kit, and first IPA which has a dry hop...and I added it to the primary without even thinking about it until I woke up this morning!!! DOH!!! Is this an issue? Should I remove it? I can get some chinook at the local shop, should I dry hop the secondary or just leave it be? Sooo close to a perfect, smooth process...:drunk:

You'll want to dry hop after the primary fermentation is finished, pick up some Chinook at the LHBS. The rumbling that the yeast makes during that primary ferment will drive off a lot of the hop aroma.

Latest posts

Back