Link for cheap bulkheads...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
I know someone had posted this earlier, but i was looking for those bulkheads that were something like 17 dollars or something.

i have a 7 gallon brewpot, what is the best solution for a screen/falsebottom? not sure a bazooka screen will be small enough.

I made this out of two splatter screens and it worked awesome with my IPA this past weekend. Read the full thread on more info. I got the screens uber cheap though so if you can do similar...

i am confused at where those screens came from... where can i find them? that looks perfect for me...

They are called Splatter Screens or Splatter Guards for cooking. The link shows what they look like. Linens and Things etc are good sources for them but need to be stainless steel. Most all are but often times a bit pricey unless you find the right place like I did. I'd buy local if you can find them instead of online so you can see the mesh etc.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3737171

These are real bulkhead fittings, not made up ones.

They are designed to pass fluid through a wall, not into a vessel though. But with the addition of a rubber seal, they work well for that too.

Max pressure is 1000 PSI at 72F !

I used the 1/4" size on my corny steam vessel and with the addition of a seal on the sealing face, it held 30 PSI with no problem. At these prices, why make them up from parts ? (I'm asking myself that too...)

Female Male Panel
Pipe Thread Hole
Size Size‡ Size Each
1/8" 5/8" 5/8" 50785K272 $7.84
1/4" 3/4" 3/4" 50785K273 9.58
3/8" 1" 1" 50785K274 9.72
1/2" 1 1/8" 1 1/8"50785K275 13.49

http://www.mcmaster.com/

McMaster has others. Search with the keyword bulkhead.

Back