question about kegging at room temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I only have space for two kegs in my kegerator so I am kegging up some brews for a party in 3 weeks. I hooked up one last night at @ 28.5 psi per tasty brew. It does not give a time frame as to how long it will take to carb. Any one know the answer? can I bump up the psi to get it to carb faster, kinda like force carbing but at room temps?

You can bump the keg pressure up for 28-36 hours. However, I'm not sure of the exact numbers for a room temperature keg.

I usually put the pressure to 30 PSI for 28-36 hours (@39 Degrees F). Then, I drop to about 12 PSI for another week or so.

I would suggest cooling the beer and C02 before doing this (if it is at all possible).

If the party is 3 weeks away you'll be fine. The set and forget method takes ~10-14 days at serving temps, and AFAIK it's only slightly longer at room temp. I'd guess 12-16 days, but you certainly can increase the pressure to speed it up.

Latest posts

Back