Seems my first keg was close to freezing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GroovePuppy

Reaction score
Once again the "search" function saved me a bunch of effort. Tried pulling a glass after 6 days from my first keg. It had sat at 12psi with the keezer set to 40F. Came out in a moderate trickle, small foam head that was more like I was running nitro, and very undercarb'd. Swapped lines over, pulled the valves and dip tubes from the keg to inspect and nothing. Even cranking the CO2 wouldn't make it come out faster.

I didn't notice anything removing and refitting the "out" tube like I would have assumed if the beer was freezing up but I trusted the threads. Moved the keg away from the wall of the keezer and raised the temp to 45F and it pours fine now. Guess I need to throw a small fan in there to help things out.

So if my problem is fixed why am I posting you ask. Well I have a leak in my water main in the front yard, I have to dig a hole and it's cold outside, so I'm stalling. Don't judge me! :cross:

You still might have a floating iceberg in there. I would take her out and let her thaw completely.

I occasionally get ice plugs in my kegger lines. Bigger problem in the summer, since the compressor runs more.

Latest posts

Back