Polyurethane/Enamel/Glaze for Bottle Drying Rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonpile

Reaction score
I have inherited a large board with dowels sticking out from it. It was originally meant to store ribbon spools, but I'd like to turn it into a bottle drying rack.

The dowels are bare wood, and the board has formica which would touch the bottles.

I don't think bare wood is a going to be sanitizable, but fortunately (maybe) I also inherited a bunch of spray finishes. Which if any of these will be beer-safe for touching bottles?

1) Spred (sic) Gloss Spray Enamel (white???)
2) Polyurethane Clear Finish
3) Dresden Clear Glaze

Would it be ok to use one for base coats and then use another one for the last coats? I want to make sure this is waterproof for santizing.

My gut feeling is that I should use the polyurethane either exclusively or for the last few coats, since it says "Lead-Free, Non-toxic when dry".

Does this even sound like a good idea? The price is certainly right at a whopping $0.00.

Thanks!

yes , done it b4 my self on some work for friends and was in culinary arts for 2 years. imo will work great .

Back