Holy Crap KBS is awesome!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN51277

Reaction score
I just had a few of my homebrews (bourbon oaked RIPA, and a KBS. It is like nectar of the gods!

Thick, tasty, and lots of other great flavors all in one. I did'nt know my mouth could be this happy! Damn!

Im glad I have more!

It was my first one and it took a few sips to decide whether I liked it or not, but........Damn, I need more!

I am going to go to sleep now. I can't keep my eyes focused on the keyboard anymore!!:rockin:

I have to agree, I just got this beer from a local beer store and it was great!! Highly recommended

My buddy who works at a wine store down here asked me if I wanted to purchase the last KBS four pack and I declined. But he blessed me with a bottle nevertheless. I have one Bells Expedition Stout left out of my six pack brewed in Nov. 2007. I will have to split it with him. I cant wait to try the KBS but I am going to sit on it for a while.

After reading all of the rave reviews of the Founders Breakfast Stout on here, I decided to seek it out locally (St. Louis). It just so happened that in the "Lager Head" section of the local newspaper, they did a review of it and said that the St. Louis area had just received its allotment. So, long story short, I went to one of the best beer/wine stores in the area and they had several 4pks. I had to drink one over the weekend, but the other three are still sitting on my counter! I will definitely savor these!

Yup. Its probably one of the most awesome stouts around. I do have some extra if someone can get me some Dark Lord to trade.

I'm also going to Founders Black Party this weekend. Insane lineup of black beers. The Canadien Breakfast stout is just as good, if not better than the KBS. Here is the lineup they are having.

-Breakfast Stout
-Imperial Stout
-Oatmeal Stout
-Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
-2009 KBS
-2010 KBS
-2010 KBS Nitro
-Porter
-Black Biscuit
-Canadian Breakfast Stout
-Cherry Porter
-Imperial Black IPA
-Citra-Black

Had a bottle last fall, very good. Had it on tap recently, even better. I love this beer. I wish it wasn't $24/4pack, I'd buy cases.

Yup. Its probably one of the most awesome stouts around. I do have some extra if someone can get me some Dark Lord to trade.

I'm also going to Founders Black Party this weekend. Insane lineup of black beers. The Canadien Breakfast stout is just as good, if not better than the KBS. Here is the lineup they are having.

-Breakfast Stout
-Imperial Stout
-Oatmeal Stout
-Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
-2009 KBS
-2010 KBS
-2010 KBS Nitro
-Porter
-Black Biscuit
-Canadian Breakfast Stout
-Cherry Porter
-Imperial Black IPA
-Citra-Black

Holy ****in' drool...I need to find me some of that stuff...

Their KBS kicks the **** out of the Nemesis. It f'ing rocks. One of the best bourbon stouts out there.

Their KBS kicks the **** out of the Nemesis. It f'ing rocks. One of the best bourbon stouts out there.

You can't really compare the two. Its really a preferred style kind of opinion. Nemesis kicks the crap out of 95% of other Wheat Wines out there.

Deathbrewer, I have some of the 2010 KBS if you can find me some rare stuff from cali we can make a trade. Russian River, Port Brewing Older Viscosity would be cool. Let me know man. I ship beer to the west coast all the time.

You can't really compare the two. Its really a preferred style kind of opinion. Nemesis kicks the crap out of 95% of other Wheat Wines out there.

Deathbrewer, I have some of the 2010 KBS if you can find me some rare stuff from cali we can make a trade. Russian River, Port Brewing Older Viscosity would be cool. Let me know man. I ship beer to the west coast all the time.

Alright...I'll see if I can stop by Beer Revolution tonight and see what they have.

I'm going to ship some stuff to my dad within the next week, so we could do a trade and I could even slip in a bottle of my Hefeweizen.
:mug:

When you stop any I'll take anything from Russian River except Pliny. I've gotten that in my last 6 trades. LOL Open to any style really, but tend to gravitate to the ALE side.

Other notable beers that I have right now that I'm willing to trade.
4 - Bell's Double Cream stout
8 - Bell's Hopslam
4 - Founders Double trouble (IIPA)
12 - Founders 2010 KBS
2 - Bells Cherry Stout
2 - Bells Kalamazoo Stout
3 - Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree (12% IPA)
1 - DH Blueberry Stout
6 - Bells Oberon
1 - New Holland Dragons Milk
4 - Dark Horse Raspberry Ale
2 - Bells Consecrator Dopplebock

I'm not comparing them against each other, but what each of them is to their named style and their individual characteristics. I did note the Nemesis needs to breathe a little, then it becomes a little less alcoholically. The maple flavor also came through some more after some breathing. However, to me, it was just not put together as well as their KBS. Still not saying it's a bad beer, it's just Founders does such a kick butt job on almost all their beers, it was a letdown.

If anyone is bring Pliny, I will buy outright or trade, PM me.

I'm not comparing them against each other, but what each of them is to their named style and their individual characteristics. I did note the Nemesis needs to breathe a little, then it becomes a little less alcoholically. The maple flavor also came through some more after some breathing. However, to me, it was just not put together as well as their KBS. Still not saying it's a bad beer, it's just Founders does such a kick butt job on almost all their beers, it was a letdown.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/founders-nemesis-2009/117205/

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/55900

Your in a big minority there. What other wheat wines are you comparing it to that are better? You are right that it opens up once aged and after a minutes in the glass.

Backwoods is good. They also make one called Sappy Slappy Bastard that is very good. Also a big fan of there Hand Of Doom which is Barrel Aged Double Trouble.

Your in a big minority there. What other wheat wines are you comparing it to that are better? You are right that it opens up once aged and after a minutes in the glass.

Backwoods is good. They also make one called Sappy Slappy Bastard that is very good. Also a big fan of there Hand Of Doom which is Barrel Aged Double Trouble.

Wait, what? When did this happen? Oh, I'm SO going to try one of these!

Which one? Hand of Doom or Sappy Slappy? I think they started doing the sappy slappy right around the same time as backwoods and the hand of doom is new for this year.

Both are mouth wateringly amzing and neither are bottled.

I don't need to justify my perception or analysis of a beer to anyone. I'm not saying I'm right, wrong or indifferent, just stating my opinion. My opinion is just that, an opinion. If you don't agree with it, that's fine, but you don't need to try to lessen my opinion or try to oust me by drowning my opinion in ratings on a website of a brew you obviously prefer or try to put me down because I have my opinion you don't agree with.

I don't need to justify my perception or analysis of a beer to anyone. I'm not saying I'm right, wrong or indifferent, just stating my opinion. My opinion is just that, an opinion. If you don't agree with it, that's fine, but you don't need to try to lessen my opinion or try to oust me by drowning my opinion in ratings on a website of a brew you obviously prefer or try to put me down because I have my opinion you don't agree with.

Not trying to put you down but your opinion was so strong that I thought maybe you would have a suggestion of some other Wheat wine I should be trying.... I guess not though. Thanks for your "rebuttle". I thought we were all beer enthusiast here, not just critics. have a good day.

What if all wheat wines, you know, all 12 of them, aren't very good?

What if all wheat wines, you know, all 12 of them, aren't very good?

Whats your point? He didn't like it and said it was inferior to another style. I was just wondering if he had another wheat wine that was good or if it just wasn't a style that appealed to him.

I'm not comparing them against each other, but what each of them is to their named style and their individual characteristics.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reason I asked. I want to try other good beers. I loved Nemesis and if someone has had a better wheat wine, why not ask?

Whats your point? He didn't like it and said it was inferior to another style. I was just wondering if he had another wheat wine that was good or if it just wasn't a style that appealed to him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reason I asked. I want to try other good beers. I loved Nemesis and if someone has had a better wheat wine, why not ask?

Ok--This is the last post I am putting on this thread. I don't even want to do this, but the record needs to be straightened.

I said their KBS kicks the you know what out of their Nemesis and you say it's because of style. I posted a message saying it wasn't due to style, but my perception of how well they each were done to their individuals style. Heck, I even said it wasn't a bad beer.

Then you had to get all defensive about my OPINION and try to put me down by trying to contradict my opinion my posting links to beer advocate and ratebeer. You even agreed with some of the points I made. I am just pissy because you obviously aren't tolerant of other people's perspectives when you think you are right or when they don't agree with you. I'm sure if we were sitting together in a brew pub talking about it, things would have been smoother, but you must realize when you post confrontational posts, you have to expect some backlash.

I'm not trying to be confrontational. Your post that it was inferior by STYLE is what made me perk up. This is the last time I will ask. If you think its weak by style, then what other wheat wine should I be trying. Seriously, that's all I want to know. I want to try whatever it is that's put together better than that. Plain and simple. If I was sitting down having a beer with you I would ask the exact same thing. Seriously, its easy to take writing on the internet in whatever context you want, but I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to have a conversation and after a dozen posts, I still don't know what beer I should be looking to try.

Ya bastages are raining on my "Drunken KBS is the ****" thread parade.

Easy killers, its just beer! LOL

Just realized this post was in drunken rambling so "kiss.my ass scareface.". Goose's la vie d'une oiu kicks the **** out out Nemesis-if u want a style comparison. If not, my columbus city tap water also kicks the **** out of Nemisis,as does the sweat off my sack, suck it tasty!!!!!!!!

Just realized this post was in drunken rambling so "kiss.my ass scareface.". Goose's la vie d'une oiu kicks the **** out out Nemesis-if u want a style comparison. If not, my columbus city tap water also kicks the **** out of Nemisis,as does the sweat off my sack, suck it tasty!!!!!!!!

What the **** are those **** for?

Wow, that's embarrassing. I remember my first beer....

Wow, that's embarrassing. I remember my first beer....

That's what a 4 hour, $150 getting ****ed up on friday before DLD session at Goose Island will do to ya. No hard feelings, but after a long ass week at work, i like to get ****ed up and post crazy ****. After all, that's what this part of the forum is for. i do have two more wheat wines in house i'll give you honest feeback on, the weyerbacher and two brothers.

Cool. I've had the two brothers bare tree. It was very good. Also just cracked open a year old Nemesis and it was much better than when fresh.

Back