Brewery In San Antonio?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
The wife and I are planning on hanging out in San Antonio for the long weekend. Are there any breweries or restaurants/pubs with breweries we should check out?

Freetail for your brewpub cravings and Flying Saucer, The Cove, Tap Exchange, or Yard House for good craft beer. They do a short brewery tour at Freetail on Saturday around noon.

Sadly, Blue Star is not what it used to be after their headbrewer, Jason, left for Freetail...

Freetail was very good! I tried a sample of their smoked blond ale, it wasn't what I was in the mood for but I got a growler of it to take. I also had a pint of their Summer Saison, and a glass of their experimental Hopothesis beer, which was 11.5% ABV and 100IBUs. The waitress didn't know much about the Hopothesis beer and since I was enjoy my time with the wife I didn't want to get up to bother the bartender. All I gathered was that they used Amarillo, Magnum, and a few others. Very little aroma to it, but it tasted a lot like what I would think hop tea would taste like.
Their pizza was great too! Also SWMBO had to drive me back to the hotel... 11.5% is a killer.

Back