Updated Beersmith and it deleted my personal recipes.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdrollason

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As stated in the title, I updated beersmith and it deleted my recipes, including ones that are currently in progress and I had not printed out a sheet. I attempted to do a system restore, but it didn't work. Is it possible to restore these files? Any ideas. Overall, I am pissed.

strange, what version did you update from? i had no problem going to 2.1 from 2.

That really sucks. Have you tried looking for your recipes.bsmx file and using the import option? Hopefully it just didn't load properly and needs to be imported manually. If that doesn't work, then try another system restore and then import.

I saw the notification about the update but didn't pull the trigger yet. This is a good reminder for everyone to backup your recipes! I think I will start printing out a physical copy and putting them in a binder as well. It's so easy for digital data to just go poof. I lost my entire library on Rhapsody that way (about 3 years worth of discovered music) I almost cried. I'm sure some of that music will never grace my ears again, and that makes me very sad.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Back