Any good brewpubs in Denver?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splangy

Reaction score
Hey all, I am headed out to Denver this weekend for a work related conference. We will be staying at the Curtis hotel which looks like it is in Downtown Denver. Are there any brewpubs, breweries, bars, etc in the area that are too good to be missed?
:mug:

Thanks

Try the Rock Bottom Brewery on the 16th street mall.

Good beer, good food, great view (from the patio) and they give AHA member discounts.

Also, Wyncoop in Lodo near the train station. Our mayor's former biz. Great beer!

Have fun!

Great Divide
Breckenridge
Falling Rock
Rock Bottom
Wynkoop
--all of those are awesome places.

Sandlot only pours on game days. Flying Dog is closed/moved. Bull & Bush isnt downtown

Awesome! Thanks guys, I just printed off the info for Great Divide, gonna see if I can make it over to take the tour.

I just had the FYIPA from the Mountain Sun Restaurant on 17th Ave and Race. While I had already had a few and my judgements could have been off, I think that was one of the best IPA's I'd ever had. They have some great beers over there, the food is average.

I just had the FYIPA from the Mountain Sun Restaurant on 17th Ave and Race. While I had already had a few and my judgements could have been off, I think that was one of the best IPA's I'd ever had. They have some great beers over there, the food is average.

Their Burrito's are Awesome as are the Fish and Chips but the menu has not changed in over 10 years, even though the suggestion slips are always calling for new fare. In Denver it is the Vine Street Pub. The Mountain Sun is up in Boulder. The only beer I really did not digg was the Blackberry Wheat. I have been going to the Mtn Sun for over 10 years, and practically lived there on Sunday nights when I lived in Boulder. You also cannot get Growlers at Vine St since it the beer is not brewed on premise.

Not a brewpub, but I would second (or +1 in forum parlance) the Falling Rock Tap house. If there was ever a commercial beer/brewery you wanted to try but can't find or get in your area, they have it, usually on draft....

edit: although I see you're from WA so you probably don't have that problem...

There's also someplace kinda downtown called Pints, I haven't been but it was recommended to me.

+1 to mountain sun... they always have some tasty brews on tap. also, on saturday nights, a bunch of bluegrass musicians get together to jam, it's a fun time.

I don't have any pub suggestions, but I Hope you don't get put on the "chick flick" floor of the curtis.

Sam's #3 makes a damn fine breakfast burrito. It's right down the block. The counter service is FAST.

b

Rock Bottom is off the beaten path, but definitely worth a stop. If you're an AHA Member, it's almost ridiculous how cheap their drinks and growlers are.

i don't mean to tempt you, but if you have a car, ft. collins is only about 45 mins north... new belgium, o'dells, ft. collins brewery, coopersmiths, linden's...

Another vote for Wynkoop. I went there a couple months ago when I was in Denver for work (woot boss treated :ban:) I got a bunch of samples, their chile ale was a surprise favorite. And the gumbo I had for dinner was delicioussss.

Awesome suggestions. I think I will definitely try to hit up the tour at the Great Divide. Streets of London and Wynkoop sounds like they are worth checking out as well.
Well, time to head the airport. Thanks again.

If you like Belgians, The Cheeky Monk is a belgian beer only tavern/grill. Worth checking out.

Latest posts

Back