Easy DIY manifold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it looks simple, but when you price those components individually, I'm betting you'll be at $20-$25 or so. There is a HUGE mark-up on individual pieces of hardware like that. I mean, you can buy one thingamabob for $5, or a hundred of them for $250. As a result, there isn't much cost savings to be had by doing it yourself unless you're going to make a bunch of them. Yes, it's possible to save a buck or two... but I suspect not much more than that.

I'm not trying to discourage you from doing it if you want to, but I speak from experience, having copied stuff sort of like this before... unless you're buying every component in a pack of ten or more, the cost savings just aren't going to be there. :(

No I hear ya on that. I was figuring that anyway. Its just hard to believe what Home Depot gets for these parts. Oh well...morebeer!

A while back, while idly strolling around Big Lots (or Odd Lots, depending on where in the country you are), I found a 4-way splitter intended for compressed air. The whole unit was maybe $5, so that would be a start for something like this. You would just remove the quick-releases that came on it and install some ball valves. I recommend the ball/check valves, but they're more expensive of course.

Just a thought.

kvh

Thanks everyone. I ordered the one from morebeer. I figure its at least the same price as building it without having to build it. I'd always rather be brewing than building anyway! Cheers all...
:tank:

I'm starting to like the building aspect as much as the brewing! granted the drinking just ties it all together in a bundle of joy. If only fermentation didn't take so long...

Latest posts

Back