Wyeast 2565 for an IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donovanneb

Reaction score
I just racked a Centennial Blonde with WY 2565 Kolsch yeast. I have 4 oz of Simcoe hops I need to use and was thinking of using the WY 2565 to make an IPA.

I cleaned the yeast and was wondering what temp I should ferment the IPA at, in order to get the "most" out of the Kolsch yeast for an IPA and the Simcoe hops. This is totally experimental.

Thanks

I"m interested too. Ive used 2565 in a kolsch and northern brown with good results fermented at 61 and 63. I have an octoberfest in the bucket for 2 weeks that was fermented at 63 also. What temperature did you ferment at? I'm thinking of doing an IPA with it in one of my next brews.

I haven’t brewed it yet. I have cleaned the yeast and it’s in the refrigerator waiting to be used. All the times I've used Kolsch yeast it’s been in the 56-60 range. I was curious about doing it in the high 60’s if that would bring out more fruitiness or other flavors that might help an IPA.

Back