5 gallon batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
I'm fermenting a 5 gallon batch in my bucket but I don't really like it that much but do like the 8 gallon buckets cuz they are much more see through. Are they to big though for sitting in just primary for a month? Not gonna second stage

benzy4010 said:
I'm fermenting a 5 gallon batch in my bucket but I don't really like it that much but do like the 8 gallon buckets cuz they are much more see through. Are they to big though for sitting in just primary for a month? Not gonna second stage

As long as you keep the lid or airlock on, fermentation should keep a blanket of CO2 over your beer. And FWIW, I think even simple beers probably need a month to start hitting their best flavor, but personally I tend to do about 2-3 weeks in primary and 10 days-2 weeks in bottle. Do what works for you, though. No "wrong" way as long as you like your beer!

This will be my second batch so the first I did primary and a secondary which it's in now then bottle. I'm gonna brew another one now and just primary for a month apparently is another way

Back