GF No Boil Kit Availabilty????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickochet

Reaction score
One of my outstanding employees can not drink "regular" beer. He has been buying a rice type beer that he really doesn't like, plus it is about $2 per bottle when purchased in case quantities.

I am a new brewer, as I am doing my first Munton's Gold Continental Pilsner Ale No Boil kit, using only the 2 cans of LME for a pretty simple operation. I would like to brew something similar to the Munton's in gluten free for my employee.

I have looked on many of the brew sites and have not seen any no boil GF LME kits. Do any of you know of such a simple kit? Or what do you suggest as the simplest kit to brew?

Thanks!

I've never done a no boil kit. But I don't think you'd be able to find one that was gluten free. It just doesn't seem very likely anyway. But maybe someone else knows.

You could try the honey ale kit someone else posted on this thread. It seems pretty simple and it would help you get a start into brews that you actually boil. Come on! Live a little!:D:mug:

To do a no boil kit you'd need pre-hopped extract. The market is already small for sorghum extract, and the pre-hopped extract market is always a subset of the original one. So due to really low demand there isn't (nor will likely be within the next few years) a no-boil beer kit.

That said, you could maybe try to find some hop extract and make your own no-boil kit...OR, you could spend an extra 60 minutes, get a great boil-beer and move from making something drinkable-ish to really creating a great batch of brew.

Back