help with my stout??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dankster

Reaction score
hello there, i'm new here and new to brewing. i am currently on my second batch, an irish stout. its in my secondary fermenter now, and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long i should leave it there?

thanks, and i look forward to having all my stupid questions answered here by you pros:D

Run to the liquor store and LHBS. Get drunk and brew another batch...not necessarily in that order. :D

BeeGee said:
I thought that was always the order? :confused:
Remember the young bullock and old buffalo stood at the top of the hill story. Never run!:D
dankster - ElP's '2 week plan' is a good guide - as it nears finishing in secondary get your primary going again with something else!

Dankster, we all feel your pain. The only cure is to brew more. Which means you will need another carboy or two. Welcome to our happy hell.

dankster said:
hello there, i'm new here and new to brewing. i am currently on my second batch, an irish stout. its in my secondary fermenter now, and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long i should leave it there?

thanks, and i look forward to having all my stupid questions answered here by you pros:D

The longer you wait the better it''ll taste.

I have two cases bottled in the bedroom (basement is too cold to carbonate in the winter) that I have to look at every day. They have only been in there a week and are not nearly ready to drink. It is torture. I brewed another batch over the weekend that's still in the primary. Life is hell is right.

"Bigamy's having one too many wives. So is monogamy."

-Oscar Wilde

That's nothing...I'm working on a belgian Ale...OG just over 1.080. It's been in the primary for 9 days. Some people have told me that it should sit in the secondary for over a month....I have no patients. Any advise is welcome...

BTW, my first brew was an Irish Stout from Seven bridges. It was a huge hit at my buddies new years eve party.

Latest posts

Back