Two items:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tolkheleknar

Reaction score
First: I have two hopyards, one in our backyard and one at some nearby friends' place. Tonight I was giving the plants at the other place some much needed attention (and fertilizer), and I notice these little brown patches on the edges of some of the lower leaves of 3/4 of the plants. I'm thinking it might be over-watering, because one of the guys there and I have been inadvertently doubling up on waterings. It's been balls hot and the soil is sandy and well drained there, so I don't think the extra water has been hurting things too much, but I'm cutting it out now. I'm wondering what the opinions of people more in the know are.

Here are pics:
UYJZVl.jpg

7WnlZl.jpg

bDR8El.jpg

Second: Shameless showboating.
Here's the set-up I erected in my friend's backyard.
hy1Vnl.jpg

It's bamboo, twine, and eyehooks, staked into the ground and tied to the adjacent fences. It is surprisingly sturdy (so far)

Here's our Williamette, back on the home range. It's our biggest so far, but the Cascade is now giving it a run for its money.
sac8Ul.jpg

i'm sorry i don't know what it is, but I have the same problem and wonder if anyone has a suggestion on what it is. I've thought about overwatering but I'm not conviced because it appeared while the sprinkler was off and it was over 100...

1: The leaves are sitting on the soil, it could be 100 things, don't let them sit on the soil. ..... Mulch

2: rosier9, over 100 in New England?

Back