New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah! Id appreciate it

90% Pilsner
5% Vienna
5% White Wheat

Mashed at 150F

60 min Tettnang and a small dose of Hersbrucker at 10 mins to get to 26 IBU

I used Safale K-97 and fermented at 58 degrees f for 4 days, then left at room temperature for another 6. Force carbonated at 10 psi in my kegerator for 2 weeks. Did not use gelatin, but did use whirlfloc. I will say that this is a great yeast and you definitely get some soft pear notes, but it does not flocc well. Next time I am going to use Lallemand Koln.

I used the Kolsch water profile in Brewfather and added lactic acid to get to a 5.35 pH mash temp.

90% Pilsner
5% Vienna
5% White Wheat

Mashed at 150F

60 min Tettnang and a small dose of Hersb****er at 10 mins to get to 26 IBU

I used Safale K-97 and fermented at 58 degrees f for 4 days, then left at room temperature for another 6. Force carbonated at 10 psi in my kegerator for 2 weeks. Did not use gelatin, but did use whirlfloc. I will say that this is a great yeast and you definitely get some soft pear notes, but it does not flocc well. Next time I am going to use Lallemand Koln.

I used the Kolsch water profile in Brewfather and added lactic acid to get to a 5.35 pH mash temp.
Looks solid, I appreciate it thanks, im probably gonna lager this for quite a bit so the low floc is cool

Brown Porter
US-05 and Styrian hop.

brown.jpg

20220522_141334.jpg

Warm fermented "Lazy Lager". Named such because I was crunched for time and and just threw this recipe together last minute, I mashed for an hour but only boiled for fifteen minutes and I threw one hop addition in as the wort was coming up to boil. It's possibly my favorite batch I've ever brewed, the malt is soft and bready, with a gentle citrus from the hops. The head is pillowy and creamy soft and lingers through the whole pint.

View attachment 769582
Warm fermented "Lazy Lager". Named such because I was crunched for time and and just threw this recipe together last minute, I mashed for an hour but only boiled for fifteen minutes and I threw one hop addition in as the wort was coming up to boil. It's possibly my favorite batch I've ever brewed, the malt is soft and bready, with a gentle citrus from the hops. The head is pillowy and creamy soft and lingers through the whole pint.

What was the recipe (approximately)?

What was the recipe (approximately)?
It was 4 lbs Great Western 2-row, 8oz Bries Gold Pils Vienna, 4 oz aromatic malt. 1 oz Glacier hops boiled and 15 minutes and then transferred to the fermenter and cooled overnight, yeast was 34/70 pitched the following morning.

Edited: This was for a 2.5 gallon batch.

Last edited:
View attachment 770613Stormy day in my neck of the woods. Worked on building a new pool fence around the rain. Having a Bloody Mary made with V8, garlic powder, celery salt, dried dill, Tiger Sauce and frozen Goose. Yummy yumm
I am guilty of those in summer time. Except I cut it with a little clamato to thin it out. And Tito's vodka

So you asked for everyone's input when designing the recipe, and now that you found your final winning combination, you refuse to share it... ?
If you search a little more you will see that that first iteration was already a winner. In his defense, he has been more than willing to publicly share recipes and knowledge of all sorts in HBT. So I am not feeling a bit irritated that he didn’t share this last recipe. I know I’ve benefitted from his sharing over the past couple years. I’m grateful for that

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/new-zealand-pils.680205/post-8891538

So you asked for everyone's input when designing the recipe, and now that you found your final winning combination, you refuse to share it... ?
I asked for a yeast recommendation, as originally I didn’t think 34/70 would truly hit the BJCP style guidelines.

And yes, I compete as a Homebrew and have aspersions of doing a small taproom, so I certainly keep some specific details to myself and some whole recipes to myself. That’s said I am heavily active on HBT providing pointers and process details I use.

To be honest I think it’s tasteless to be upset with me for not sharing a recipe I am currently competing, if not in general. Especially after all the support I offer across HBT

Last edited:
Back