Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 1.2.2 - Free Open Source Brewing Software

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #11
peanasky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Thanks for the quick reply! It all makes sense now. Great software and keep up the good work!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #12
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2812 Times on 2757 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Witnessed this software at a joint brew day yesterday. Numbers all matched up with what I had in Beersmith. There were less options, but it looks to be off to a great start.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #13
Blindguardian
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is a great program! I have found two problems. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 with the latest QT. the problem I have found is when I try to arrange the brew-day mode instructions the program crashes and even sometimes it crashes when I click the Brew-day mode. Maybe I am missing something? This is the error I get:

mmap() failed: Cannot allocate memory
abort: audio_out.c:2292: _x_ao_new_port: Aborting.
Aborted

I have just now noticed that it also installs brewtarget in the Accessiories and in the Education locations (Two copies in each place).

Old 06-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4643 Times on 4545 Posts
Likes Given: 2257

rocketman, a couple features to be added to future versions:

- A tab to contain free-form notes would be absolutely wonderful
- being able to save and view brewday logs/results (maybe this is there and I missed it?)
- In some of the tabs, the columns are not spaced appropriately for options given. If I change the time from hrs to minutes in the hops tab, it doesn't seem to fit. Also probably don't need 3 decimal places of precision... The spacing issue also shows up when trying to change a hop addition to a dry hop. The pull-down isn't wide enough to even see my option unless I manually re-size the column first.

everything else is good so far! Good work!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 AM   #15
rocketman768

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindguardian View Post
This is a great program! I have found two problems. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 with the latest QT. the problem I have found is when I try to arrange the brew-day mode instructions the program crashes and even sometimes it crashes when I click the Brew-day mode. Maybe I am missing something? This is the error I get:

mmap() failed: Cannot allocate memory
abort: audio_out.c:2292: _x_ao_new_port: Aborting.
Aborted

I have just now noticed that it also installs brewtarget in the Accessiories and in the Education locations (Two copies in each place).
Hm, strange error. I'll see if I can find out what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar
- A tab to contain free-form notes would be absolutely wonderful
- being able to save and view brewday logs/results (maybe this is there and I missed it?)
- In some of the tabs, the columns are not spaced appropriately for options given. If I change the time from hrs to minutes in the hops tab, it doesn't seem to fit. Also probably don't need 3 decimal places of precision... The spacing issue also shows up when trying to change a hop addition to a dry hop. The pull-down isn't wide enough to even see my option unless I manually re-size the column first.
For the notes, check the "extras" button in the toolbar. If that's not what you mean, let me know. The brewday logs and results are the next big thing I want to do. As for column spacing, I have been fighting with this issue, but seems like there's no good way to do auto-spacing with this Qt framework. If some Qt guru is reading this, let me know if there's a way I can get the columns to resize appropriately.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:40 AM   #16
tbergmania
Recipes 

I had the same issues as Blindguardian and when the brewday mode was working, it was using a ton of CPU, otherwise fantastic program. Kudos for making something for us Linux users!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #17
gak27
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Re: 1.2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman768 View Post
Importing Recipes From Old Versions
You can export your recipes from the old version and import them into the new one. Instead of exporting them one by one, you can do File->Export Database in the old version. This will create 3 files (database.xml, recipes.xml, and mashs.xml). Then in the new version, you can do File->Import Recipes and choose the recipes.xml file.
I don't see a 'File>Export Database' option in 1.2.1; when you choose 'File>Export Recipe' it only exports the current recipe. If you have the 3 files already, can you simply start 1.2.2 and import them? When you do 'File>Import Recipes, does it also update the database and/or mashs files?

I also kinda miss the big 'BrewTarget' logo above the beer image...

Upcoming: ---
Primary:
---
Secondary:---
Bottled:
Kolsch all-grain (3 gal)
Partial mash Red IPA (5 gal)
Bell's Two-Hearted inspired partial mash (5 gal)

Reason: additional comment

Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #18
ajf

Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman768 View Post
As for column spacing, I have been fighting with this issue, but seems like there's no good way to do auto-spacing with this Qt framework. If some Qt guru is reading this, let me know if there's a way I can get the columns to resize appropriately.
I'm hardly a Guru, but you may want to check out resizeColumnToContents

-a.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #19
millstone
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

running version 1.2.2 on a MAC (10.4.1) the buttons to save or cancel (I assume) do not have any indication what the button is for. On the main window the three buttons on the bottom right are blank, the equipment editor window button next to the equipment dropdown is blank as well and the three on the bottom. In the fermentable Database window, the two buttons on the bottom left are OK but the two to the right are blank. Other windows have the same issue. Not sure if it's me.

thanks

tom

Reason: spelling

Old 07-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #20
rocketman768

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gak27 View Post
If you have the 3 files already, can you simply start 1.2.2 and import them? When you do 'File>Import Recipes, does it also update the database and/or mashs files?
Yeah, you can do that. When you import recipes, it will in fact add any new ingredients (with a distinct name) to the database.

Quote:
I'm hardly a Guru, but you may want to check out resizeColumnToContents
Yup. That function tends not to work as you would expect, or at least not how I would expect.

Quote:
On the main window the three buttons on the bottom right are blank, the equipment editor window button next to the equipment dropdown is blank as well and the three on the bottom.
Hm. Which version of Qt do you have installed? We switched to svg images in this release.

Quick Reply