Beersmith App Recipe export

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamati

Reaction score
I have been using the Beersmith app to help me create recipes for several months. I find it very useful and an excellent way to store my recipes ( I am quite disorganised)

However, recently I had a recipe corrupt for an unknown reason. This event has scared me so I require a way to back-up the recipes.
The cloud function only allows the storage of 15 recipes.

Is there a way I can save or export the recipes?

Kind regards

T

I have been using the Beersmith app to help me create recipes for several months. I find it very useful and an excellent way to store my recipes ( I am quite disorganised)

However, recently I had a recipe corrupt for an unknown reason. This event has scared me so I require a way to back-up the recipes.
The cloud function only allows the storage of 15 recipes.

Is there a way I can save or export the recipes?

Kind regards

T

Do you have a computer to store the files? If so, just export the whole recipe database, and then save to a new location, or on a thumb drive.

I do.
How would I go about exporting the database? Its not an in app function I've come across.

Thanks

If you have the desktop version as well then you can put 15 recipes up on the cloud and then access them from the desktop version and copy them over into the desktop version (i.e. into a new folder). Repeat the process (15 recipes at a time) until you have all recipes backed up.

Assuming you're talking BeerSmith2 I generally just backup the entire BeerSmith data folder. If you're on windows it is under - Documents/BeerSmith2.

Cheers!

I only have the mobile app, and herein lies the problem. No function within the app to transfer recipies.

I only have the mobile app, and herein lies the problem. No function within the app to transfer recipies.

If you upgrade your cloud account you can store 100 recipes there, but at that point you may want to just get the desktop version.

You could also take a screen shot of the recipe on your phone and save those

There's more than one say to skin this cat ;)

Log into the beersmith recipes website using the same credentials that you use in the app. Once there, look under the 'Recipes' menu link to find your cloud recipes. From there, you can down them individually in beersmith format (bsmx). This should work as an archive copy and can be downloaded to any device for storage. Again, you'll have to work with 15 recipes at a time but you'll get there.

http://beersmithrecipes.com/myrecipes

Back