Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #191
mew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
The glass is a little scratched because it's kinda old-I stole it from Rennie's in Eugene on my 21er in 1991. But the beer cleared very nicely after a week or so in the keg.
I love Rennie's! nice looking beer, btw.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 02:33 AM   #192
tgrier

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Muncher.

I brewed this 11 days ago (only change was Pils vs pale - due to that fact I got a lot it at the moment and I thought this light beer it would be ok)

Well I Kegged it on Sat. and I dropped the temp to 35 and set the PSI to 20 and boom I tasted it tonight. I need to take pic. It was very fine.

I am on the hook for 10 gallons of beer for the Texas/Arkansas game this week-end and I needed a quick turn time.

Would an extra week help this beer out>? Sure.. but for a 11 day old beer... it is very drinkable.
It is a little cloudy still... but I think that will clear by the week-end in the keg.

I used 05 and it dropped to 1.008
nice...

Thanks for the Recipe.

T Grier
Austin Texas

My Brew Status Page -

Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 AM   #193
Skipstr21
Recipes 

I brewed this last weekend and ended up with a OG of 1.040. A little low but it sure tasted good. Using malt from a local group buy program, notty yeast and hops from Williams Brewing ($2/per oz!), I can brew 5 gals of this for $8.61! At that rate I'be able to pay for my brew/keg equip. in about 10-15 years!

Primary: Kolsch
Secondary: Porter
Kegged: House Pale Ale, 80/-
Bottled: Apfelwein

Old 09-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #194
Bopper
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I brewed the extract version of this last night. The only issue was my LHBS only had a half pound of Carapils left (his order did not come in as expected). He recomended that I substitute the half pound of Carapils with biscuit malt. So, my grain bill was .5# carapils; .5# biscuit. How much do you think it will change the recipe?

Last edited by Bopper; 09-12-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #195
Funkenjaeger

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I brewed a batch of this a couple weeks ago, and we're really tearing through the keg now - it really is a great quaffer! If I wasn't in dire need of getting some other beers brewed to have some more variety in the house, I'd be doing another batch of this immediately!

Thanks for the recipe, BM, it's a great one as always!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #196
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My batch of this did not workout so well. I used all home grown hops so I had no idea how it would be. I pulled the first pint last night and it taste like sweet-tarts. So it seems my hops were really low on the AAU's. I ordered some AI oil extract today so I can bitter it up and make it better.
I'll brew it again but I'll use the store bought hops this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Old 10-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #197
jcdillin
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

just kegged this after a 10 day stay in the fermenter, awesome stuff I think I am going to make another batch just to bottle

I did the extract version and boiled 2lbs of the DME for an hour and added the other 3lbs at flameout and I ended up with a very very nice pale color. But I did come up low on the OG at 1.042 at only 5 gallons. Also I did not transfer to secondary and it still came out great.

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #198
Boodlemania
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdillin View Post
just kegged this after a 10 day stay in the fermenter, awesome stuff I think I am going to make another batch just to bottle

I did the extract version and boiled 2lbs of the DME for an hour and added the other 3lbs at flameout and I ended up with a very very nice pale color. But I did come up low on the OG at 1.042 at only 5 gallons. Also I did not transfer to secondary and it still came out great.

Thanks!
I brewed a batch using the method above on 10/4 (2lbs in 3.5 gallon boil, 3 lbs at flame-out). Used WLP001 with a 500ml starter. Bubbling away nicely.

- CStone

Old 10-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #199
jcdillin
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What OG did you end up with?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #200
Boodlemania
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I am not sure b/c I didn't get a good OG reading due to trying a new technique for drawing a sample (turkey baster instead of auto-siphon). I didn't get my top-off water mixed well enough in the glass carboy, and the sample I took was from the very top.

Not too worried about it since I used the extract method, though.

- CStone

Quick Reply