So I eventually managed to get all the ingredients together and brewed this this past Wednesday. Everything went perfect; probably one of my most stress free and best brews to date. The OG was somewaht higher than the recipe, 1.062.
On Thursday morning I checked on it but no bubbling from the airlock yet. Got home on Thursday night, still nothing. This morning, no bubbling although I could definitely smell that familiar fermenting smell in the air. This evening after work I checked and still no visible bubbling. So I decided to take a gravity reading, just for ****s n giggles. I was so surprised to see it's down to 1.022. Color me confused!
The gravity sample tasted freaking awesome though.