The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > We all know it goes great with beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 04:48 AM   #11
turboedbug
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
Butter and Franks RedHot. Saute a little garlic in the butter before mixing in the RedHot and then toss in crispy UN-BATTERED wings to coat.

More butter/less RedHot if you like mild. More RedHot/less butter if you like hot. Franks Extra Hot if you don't want to actually taste the food but just burn your mouth.
I think you ment burn your a$$.....lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2010, 04:56 AM   #12
turboedbug
Recipes 

I just went to this wing place up in portland oregon, they had these cilantro lime wing sauce that was so awesome. I bought a couple bottles of that sauce, I would love to mimic it. it was kinda chunky like salsa but still had that hot wing flavor that you would get from a frank's red hot wing sauce. man it was so good.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
jrfuda
Recipes 

I agree with those that keep it simple. I prefer texas pete + butter, however, I would say the best hot sauce recipe is:

Your favorite hot suace + enough butter to get the amount of heat you want (more butter = less heat). Don't cheap out and use margarine (yuck!!)

That's it.

I've made this with Texas Pete, Louisiana, Tabasco and even Great Value. They're all great, though - as I said - I prefer the taste of Texas Pete.

Last edited by jrfuda; 04-20-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: typosssssssssss

Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
gicts
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
Butter and Franks RedHot. Saute a little garlic in the butter before mixing in the RedHot and then toss in crispy UN-BATTERED wings to coat.

More butter/less RedHot if you like mild. More RedHot/less butter if you like hot. Franks Extra Hot if you don't want to actually taste the food but just burn your mouth.
Add a dab of tabasco and you have a famous franchise's recipe

Old 04-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #15
fishguy_40
Recipes 

I marinate my wings (approx 10 wings with the third little section cut off) in a large ziploc for a day or two in Sirachi (maybe 8 - 10 tablespoons) and a couple dashes of worchestire sauce.... then grill to well done to render as much fat as possible.

After plating I drizzle stubs bbq (or your favorite) sauce on them and cover with foil for a few minutes to help the bbq sauce spread out and coat the wings.

No complaints thus far ... enjoy.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #16
steinsato
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Oil the wings and bake them til they are crispy. Then let them swim in Franks Hot Sauce and a bit of butter.

"The ordinary world is only the foam on top of the real world." Tom Robbins (B is for Beer)
"It's a beautiful day for baseball. Let's play two." Ernie Banks

Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #17
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

I'm in the KISS camp on wings. Franks/LHS/Texas Pete/Crystal + butter + a little Tabasco. Deep fried only, crispy. Shaken in the sauce immediately after coming out of the fryer (important detail imo).

And I forget the brand name for the bleu cheese dressing but it's in the salad section (refrigerated) and it's called Super Bleu Cheese dressing. They also make a Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing...not that one...get the Super. It's got a lot of crumbled bleu cheese in it. I always dip the wings in BC dressing.

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 04-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
mmonacel
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishCastleAle View Post
And I forget the brand name for the bleu cheese dressing but it's in the salad section (refrigerated) and it's called Super Bleu Cheese dressing. They also make a Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing...not that one...get the Super. It's got a lot of crumbled bleu cheese in it. I always dip the wings in BC dressing.
Is it Marie's? That stuff is the best for both blue cheese and caesar. The blue cheese is nice and chunky. It's usually located right where the lettuce and stuff is, with the higher end dressings, in my supermarket.

"Goin' downtown to the disco, gotta do it right away. Got a funky thing to get into, gonna blow my blues away!"

Old 04-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonacel View Post
Is it Marie's? That stuff is the best for both blue cheese and caesar. The blue cheese is nice and chunky. It's usually located right where the lettuce and stuff is, with the higher end dressings, in my supermarket.
Yep, that's the stuff. The Super Bleu cheese, not their regular Chunky Bleu Cheese. Both are good but for wings I like the extra bleu cheese flavor. I'll have to try their Caesar dressing. Love me some blackened chicken Caesar salad!
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #20
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I might be alone here but for wings I prefer not really chunky bleu cheese. I think it can make dunking a pain. Now for buffalo chicken sandwich/wrap/salad or just about anything else the chunkier the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Quick Reply