The Home Made Pizza Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some Pizzas on the BBQ grill Saturday night.

Sausage, Pepperoni, Roasted Red Pepper, and some fresh Basil.
DSC01365_zps0bdvbeux.jpg

And a mixed plate with some BBQ Chicken pizza and a little salad!
DSC01366_zpsmkvtkgec.jpg

I wish I could remember to get black olives. Pepperoni, onion, peppers and mushrooms tonight. I have some home made sausage too. No black olives, again.

Mushroom and baby gold potatoes. Keeping it simple and experimenting with different finishing salts. Used a smoked salt. Going for a earthy "profile"(?). It complements both the toppings and the savory character of the parm in the cheese blend. I like it. Getting the amount right seems to be the key, next time I'll weigh it out and use a titration type process to figure an approximate ideal.

View attachment 1457317746913.jpg

Made my country style pizzas again last night. Messed up & forgot to wait till I added the milk to the flour mix to add the EVOOL. Roasted garlic sauce, with yellow, orange & red bells, sweet onion & mushrooms with cheddar cheese. Boys always get cheddar. I'd rather it was provolone. Came out good just the same, but was late & no pics.

Baby kale (not bad), mushroom, cherry tomato, artichoke, olive, and goat cheese. Finished with some guava garlic sea salt my wife brought me as a souvenir from Hawaii, and a few splashes of balsamic. Sounds fancy but a few things didn't work together. Relax etc. The baby kale was the revelation, somewhere in between arugala and spinach taste wise and not as fibrous as grown up kale.

View attachment 1457908243877.jpg

View attachment 1457908281481.jpg

I think we need a poll to determine the viability of olives as a topping for pizza. We can't allow this to fester. Imagine the ramifications if we were to let people have different unvoiced opinions on an inherent forum.

Black olives work well, pineapple doesn't. Bacon doesn't find it a way on my pizza, prosciutto works.

I actually like pineapples on pizza. My go-to toppings are pineapple, ham, and bacon. The combination of sweet from the pineapple + savory from the ham and bacon is one of my favorites.

I actually like pineapples on pizza. My go-to toppings are pineapple, ham, and bacon. The combination of sweet from the pineapple + savory from the ham and bacon is one of my favorites.

Pineapples on pizza are the bee's knees... My wife thought it was disgusting until I made her try it once. She loved it. I did a pizza I copied.modified from North Point Brewing in Traverse City. I made mine with a homemade Ghost Pepper BBQ sauce for the base, sauteed onions, smoked and shredded pork butt, and pineapples. I am definitely making that pizza againView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459015007.437049.jpg

This is my 4th pie on the Blackstone oven, no oil or sugar dough, cold fermented for 4 days,no cook san marzano sauce, home made fresh mozz, coppa and pepperoni mini bell peppers.... launched the pie with thew bottom stone at 850f, ready in 90 secondes... my best so far..

X44nw7A.jpg

EOnjvH0.jpg

apvbseL.jpg

Coming from NY to live in Nebraska for a few years of college, imagine my shock (actually horror) to see aweful pizza toppings like "hamburger kraut" and "pineapple ham" on the menu... Geez people, don't you know it's Italian food? :D

Coming from NY to live in Nebraska for a few years of college, imagine my shock (actually horror) to see aweful pizza toppings like "hamburger kraut" and "pineapple ham" on the menu... Geez people, don't you know it's Italian food? :D

And cut into squares! I mean WTF! And what I had tasted worse than Dominoes, I feel for you flyovers.;)

Olives are OK in my book depending on the pairing:D

Someone I know invited us to come over this summer and drink beers and eat grilled pizza. I've heard of this Phenom-nom before, but for some reason this really piqued my interest.

So this weekend while the older was up for Easter weekend, I made some dough and we grilled pizza. Terrific!

Garlic alfredo chicken with spinach and bacon. Next time I'll get to try it with all bread flour. I didn't realize I was so low so half the flour was All-Purpose. And I kneaded it too long in the machine. Still turned out really good.

Someone I know invited us to come over this summer and drink beers and eat grilled pizza. I've heard of this Phenom-nom before, but for some reason this really piqued my interest.

So this weekend while the older was up for Easter weekend, I made some dough and we grilled pizza. Terrific!

Garlic alfredo chicken with spinach and bacon. Next time I'll get to try it with all bread flour. I didn't realize I was so low so half the flour was All-Purpose. And I kneaded it too long in the machine. Still turned out really good.

I keep meaning to try this as well. I just always get so fired up (pardon the pun) when I start cleaning my smoker/grill that I end up with a few racks of ribs or a 14-pound Boston butt on it. I guess I should make the dough first, that'll keep me more in-line, hopefully. That, and baking pizzas in a 550° oven inside, during a NC summer, is never fun.

I was going to turn a smoker box into a drip tray for my kegerator, but that never got finished, so instead I put it on the grill with some smoking chips and added a bit of smoke flavors. It was really noticeable and everyone liked it. I didn't think it was making much smoke, but it did the trick!

This is what I use to cook my pie can cook a Neapolitan pie in 60 seconds and a NY style in about 3 minutes. probably the best pizza oven after a WFO....

vIRt3QB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back