General's Chicken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
2654597719_457ca3e943.jpg

I'd love to say that this is a picture of what I cooked tonight, but it's not. I am between cameras ATM, so this is the pic from the website where I got the recipe. That would be this website.

The recipe called for some white wine. I didn't have any, so I broke out some mead that is close to 10 years old, and enjoyed the rest (most) of it with the meal. Don't know how well that paired, but it seemed mighty tasty to me! I'm going to lie down now. I'm stuffed.:cross:

Recipe looks good. Though I don't eat Chinese takeout 'general tso's' anymore, as I found out a lot of places mix the chicken with cornstarch and mayonnaise before frying. Fried mayo.... gross.

This is interesting. I've cooked with apfelwein, but I don't think I've heard anything about the possibilities of cooking with mead.

I carved a sculpture of a couple kidding today. My camera is busted so I couldn't snap a photo. It looks kinda like this...

Rodin-Kiss.JPG

Back