Nothing exciting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUMonkeyBoy

Reaction score
but I saw it the other day and I'm about to bottle 100 beers so I spent $7 to double my production.

doubletime.jpg

but I saw it the other day and I'm about to bottle 100 beers so I spent $7 to double my production.

You are ready for serious assembly line action that would make a UAW worker jealous/file a grievance. (yes, I am allowed and pay the dues to JOKE that)

Great idea as long as you don't have more than a sample. :mug:

Did you see my thread on same? I just did that about a month ago... I'd never seen anyone else do it. Odd, seems so obvious once you've done it. Works great. Have you actually bottled with it yet?

Yes, and thank you. I had thought about it, but your thread inspired me to get off my a$$ and do it. Also, I would have had 3ft tubes and left bottles on the ground to fill up. I am bottling Sunday.

strat_thru_marshall said:
what the heck is that a bowl of just to the right of your bottling contraption?

That'd be homemade fries marinating to goodness for dinner.

Damn, you are good. Wife planned dinner but I had to skip lunch today and there just happens to be a mcdonalds by my brew store. I'm going to need a partial picture if your kitchen ASAP.

AUMonkeyBoy said:
Damn, you are good. Wife planned dinner but I had to skip lunch today and there just happens to be a mcdonalds by my brew store. I'm going to need a partial picture of your kitchen ASAP.

Edit from my IPhone: they weren't technically marinating, they where sitting in canola oil and seasoning.

And I just found how to edit from the phone. I'm done the for the night before I make a fourth post.

Also, I would have had 3ft tubes and left bottles on the ground to fill up.

Bottles on the floor? Oh god no! The bottling bucket goes on the kitchen counter right above the dishwasher, and the bottles sit on the opened dishwasher door. Once you're done bottling just throw some dirty dishes in there, run the thing, and all your drips are cleaned up. No towels, no mops, no nothing.

subliminalurge said:
Bottles on the floor? Oh god no! The bottling bucket goes on the kitchen counter right above the dishwasher, and the bottles sit on the opened dishwasher door. Once you're done bottling just throw some dirty dishes in there, run the thing, and all your drips are cleaned up. No towels, no mops, no nothing.

Well, with it being about 70'-75' here right now I like the patio, but Friday night I am going to use your method...genius!

Well, with it being about 70'-75' here right now I like the patio, but Friday night I am going to use your method...genius!

Your dishwasher door will only have just so much level space for setting bottles. My dishwasher has crap in the door that limits me to about 15 bottles at a shot. Less if I have some 22 oz bottles ready to go.

Just fill what you can fit on there, cap 'em off, then reload. The back and forth between filling and capping helps break up the boredom of bottling at least a little bit, and like I said, the clean-up is super easy. Since you have to wash those dishes anyway, the cleanup is really nothing...

I also like to keep one side of the sink filled with water to toss the bottles in after they're capped. Rinses any drips off of the sides. Then they go into the empty side of the sink to drip dry for a bit, and then into a box for 3 weeks of carbing up.... (Or whatever else that batch might be destined for....)

The way the kitchen in my current house is laid out, I can do the clean-up after a bottling session in about 5 seconds. I run a dishrag under the faucet, wipe up one little 5 inch piece of counter space, then close the dishwasher door. (Well, the clean-up that SWMBO insists on. I do still have to clean the bottling bucket and get the secondary that the batch came from ready for next time... But those things are my problem, and honestly, I've found that I can let that wait a day or two and not have any issue, as long as the kitchen is clean I can have my coffee in peace the next morning...)

All things considered, this really just reinforces my desire to drop the cash to switch to kegging..... :D

Just filled 92 bottles...just damn. I did do it outside sitting in a crazy creek while my wife was toting them in to the counter for me to come in and cap at the end of each batch. Two wands was amazing, but it was a lot that went into it too.

Just filled 92 bottles...just damn. I did do it outside sitting in a crazy creek while my wife was toting them in to the counter for me to come in and cap at the end of each batch. Two wands was amazing, but it was a lot that went into it too.

Wait. What? You bottled 10 gallons while sitting in a creek?

I'm with ya on the extra wands being awesome, but really? You actually bottle your beer at a creek?

Try my dishwasher method, it'll make either the same mess, or probably less, and you'll be doing things in much more comfortable conditions....

And I'm a fisherman. I would have no problem spending an entire weekend standing knee deep in a crick, but that's just not the right environment for a bottling session.

For one thing the fridge is too far away... :drunk:

And with my dishwasher method I fill 6, cap 6. Fill 6, cap 6... Breaks up the monotony a little, and also leaves those bottles exposed to air for a minimal amount of time.

Maybe I'm just forming the wrong picture in my head, but, still, did you really bottle your beer in a creek?

I love it. A crazy creek is a type of camping chair. Allows for relaxation on the ground. I'd link a site but I'm on my phone, google it. I could bottle 12 before my wife returned to take the to the kitchen.

Then, I turned into a capping machine. BOOM! BAM! SWISH! Both of us were impressed on the time cut down.

I haven't looked but she said our dishwasher has raised stuff and would be hard to so, but I believe we could get fit six. It prob took 15 minutes per batch.

Latest posts

Back