In need of an Indiana home brewer that can cut open a keg!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zrab11

Reaction score
I've got all my supplies to start home brewing except a pot.. I have a keg that id love to cut open to use as a pot.. Are there any BA home brewers in indiana that have a plasma cutter or a angle grinder that can cut open the top of the keg. It would be best if i found someone who has done this before but if not i have watched the youtube video enough times i think i know what to do. I am willing to pay a small fee or bring some brew to share as a payment for cutting this open. I live in muncie IN but am willing to drive to get this cut. Can't wait to start home brewing !!

I just want to also state that i got this keg LEGALLY.. My friend bought it from a brewery that is downsizing here in Indy and the keg had leakage problems and so he had no prob selling it to someone who would put it to good use..

I will also be up at KBS day in MI on March 10th.. id be willing to bring it up then if any MI home brewers up there have cut one of these open before!

I would be happy to cut your keg if you could get it down here to
Greensburg. It would have to be on the weekend I word long hours during the week. I cut mine with a plasma cutter but would use a grinder next time as it left some discoloration on the sides of the keg that is really hard to remolve. Would be a quick job.

What time you heading up to founders? I have cut a couple tops in my day. I was looking at heading up there also but not sure what time. We might be able to work out a trade(save a spot in line for me kind of thing)

I am in Greenwood and have everything you should need. Plasma cutter, angle grinder, die grinder, etc....Feel free to pm me if you want to come down.

Looks like you'll be able to get it cut, but If nothing works out I'd be happy to do it for free if you'd pay the shipping

I think i got this taken care of. Thanks for all the replies! Can't wait to start homebrewing!! OH YEAH!!

Back