more plumbing questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
ok all...

I am finally to the gas plumbing part. After 3 trips to lowes...thank god they are only 1 mile down the street...I think I may have a design. completely different from what I had originally planned. I was already going to hard plumb the small center burner. I am also thinking of now hard plumbing the two larger burners too. i cant find a 1/2" to 1/2" NPT needle valve....one side is flared. i mean it fits but how wrong is that to do? Before I go BACK to lowes again...i used this handy little thing called a ... tape measure....but i also wanted to get the valves i have returned and get what I do need. I also have a problem with actually mounting to manifold. i forgot to mention this to my dad :cross:

with it being steel i am assuming i really need a serious drill or a self drilling screwing....i havent talked to him yet about it.

Well if I'm reading it right...
You don't want to use flare fittings on NPT. I work in plumbing and there should be a adapter to go from one to the other (I have them in stock in my shop). You may have to go to an actual plumbing parts shop.

Back