Mash Tun Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In_Vino_Veritas

Reaction score
Kinda a rookie project next to the outstanding creations others post on here. However, still proud.

Today I started building my mash tun, which will have a manifold, sparge arm and I'll also be adding a Brewmometer.

Using a Coleman Xtreme 36-quart Cooler.

Here's the mockup of the manifold:
5reh.jpg

I've started the sparge arm as well. It'll be close to a mirror of the manifold. I figured if the manifold and sparge arm were close in design, it would be easier to match flow in with flow out; of course the head height will make a difference.

I'm really pleased how the project is going thus far. The manifold is very tight, almost surgical how it fits.

I'll keep every one posted of progress. Next is to cut slots (longitudinal pipes only, per Palmer not doing the transverse) into the manifold and solder some of the connections. I'm not soldering the whole manifold as I want to be able to disassembly for cleaning.

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back