living up to the diesel fuel brewery name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jppostKW

Reaction score
So first some background info the new Kenworth semis have a no idle system that is really cool. It uses a diesel fired 2000 watt heater for the winter and for the summer has a a/c system that runs Freon thru a box full of a graphite matrix saturated in* standard glycol coolant. The concept is to freeze down the graphite system while the truck is running during the day and than at night the stored cold is circulated thru a standard air to water heat exchanger. I.e. heater core on a car and keeps the bunk a comfortable temp. for 8-10 hours The older version is being* retrofitted so I have access to all the removed parts. I have several ideas for these parts with the first being a conical cooler/heater using the graphite matrix bath tub and the little heater. I would use the a/c comp that comes with it as it is* 120v--just plug it in to the wall. The heater burns less than half a gallon of diesel fuel every eight hours and complies with calis emissions requirements. All needed parts are included. The second idea is a enclosed wort cooling system thanks to The Pol. My thoughts are to use a gutted matrix box that will hold about 10 gallons of water put large amounts of ice in it. I would use a plate chiller and a march pump to recirc than pump to my conical and use the pump that comes with the system for the cooling water which flows about 7gpm at full bore. On the return side from the plate chiller to the matrix tub I would put a heater core and use the condenser fan for the a/c system which has about 300cfm capacity to provide a little more cooling capability for less ice or less total cooling time one of the two. This is still in the really basic stages and I will probably build the enclosed system first. Any thoughts ideas or critic would be greatly appreciated

That is freaking sweet,

I know the system that you are talking about, we are still waiting to get our hands on one.

I work in a wrecking yard here in WA. I sell OTR truck parts, presently I have a Bergsrtom NITE system that I was thinking about towing with...

Well there are going to be 130 of them in the dumpster within the next 3 months but they are so integrated into the factory harnesses and hvac system that it would be impossible to installone after market. And I have intalled a couple night systems in t2000 kbops.
Oh yeah interstate distributing just got 103 of then so odds are they will wreck one and you can see the hell involved
I am working on a skethup of my enclosed system I need ore practice on that program

Back