Jockey Box Build for Wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basisforaday

Reaction score
Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted here on homebrewtalk! So, I'm getting married in May and of course I want to server my homebrew. Thinking of making 6 corny kegs of 5 different types of my homebrew and then maybe some light commercial beer for the non homebrew types.

I have been searching for ways to serve the beer and I have decided to make a cold plate jockey box. I just bought a 6 pass cold plate off ebay but it did not come with fittings. This leads to my first question. The cold plate has 1/2" 16 type fittings, do I get all 1/4" (3/16 I.D. fittings) and run all 3/16 I.D. beer line from the kegs to the cold plate and to the faucets? Or do I change the I.D. on the out side of the cold plate? I've read there are calculations about resistance and so forth so I want to make sure im doing this right.

My next question is sort of related. How long should these lines be? I was thinking maybe 8ft of 3/16 I.D. from the kegs and then 12 ft of 3/16 I.D. from the out of the cold plate to the faucets. Does that sound right?

Any help would be awesome guys! Thanks!

I did something similar this past may with 4 15 gallon kegs through a 4 pass cold plate. If i remember correctly, I had 10 feet of tubing total for each keg. Somewthing like 8 feet from the keg to the plate and then 2 feet from the plate to the shank. This let me moun the shanks to the cooler that the plate was in, that way the lines from the plate to the shanks don't warm up. I'll try and find a picture.

Back