In garage man cave build w/through the wall keezer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_Eugenics

Reaction score
Since Texas has a problem with basements I've taking my side of the garage and will be turning it into a cozy man cave. It is 8.5 ft. X 12 ft. so since it is small I'm going to add a lot of detail.

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

That is going to be awsome! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Sent from my typewriter

Finished the door and paneling. Now I can work in the A/C. And why does this forum keep rotating my photos? Do I need to use some type of software?

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

I'm working on the same thing, just in FL. I just finished hanging the last piece of drywall in my garage at about 10:30 tonight. Builders never insulated the exterior walls so I had to... Insulated my attic space above the garage the last two weeks and put in some recessed lights. Going to wait awhile and then look into an insulated garage door.

Well with a new born I haven't been able to work on the cave for quite a while, but today I finally got around to working on it.

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Noce build. I'm on central Texas and did the same thing with my side of the garage. It's not a man cave it's a walk on humidor....my man cave is a 750 sqft covered porch we just built ;) Something to think about is the fact that the ac will produce condensation on the bottom and of course drip out of the back. Be prepared to deal with this issue or that insulation and Sheetrock will be toast. Also note that the ac will work best when you crack your garage door open other wise your garage will see ungodly high temps.

Congrats again!

Noce build. I'm on central Texas and did the same thing with my side of the garage. It's not a man cave it's a walk on humidor....my man cave is a 750 sqft covered porch we just built ;) Something to think about is the fact that the ac will produce condensation on the bottom and of course drip out of the back. Be prepared to deal with this issue or that insulation and Sheetrock will be toast. Also note that the ac will work best when you crack your garage door open other wise your garage will see ungodly high temps.

Congrats again!

Thanks for the tips. For now I just have a bucket under the a/c but eventually will run tubing from the base to the outside. I also figured out to open the door the third time I ran the a/c.

Here are the updated photos. It's been a busy summer so hopefully I can get back to working on it soon.

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

Subbed, i've been thinking about building a keezer with taps through the wall so interested to see how you do.

Back