Flex Seal (As Seen on TV Stuff) inside a Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

Reaction score
I'm having some slight rust problems around the inside bottom edges of my keezer. I'm wanting to hit it with some CLR then seal it in some way. I thought about caulk but am afraid that water can get under it and still cause issues. So anyone ever have any experience with that Flex Seal Spray, or think its a bad idea?

I used that stuff on some elbows for my gutters. I put 4 coats on (2 were recommended). They still leak. I would stay away from the flex seal spray.

In the freezer I bought for a keezer build, I sealed all the seams with clear RTV..........Smelled like hell for a few days, but there is a good bead of silicone around all the joints!

I used the Rustoleum brand on a leaky gutter and it started leaking again pretty quickly. Maybe I needed to prep the area better but it seemed like water just found it's way under the seal and lifted it up.

In the freezer I bought for a keezer build, I sealed all the seams with clear RTV..........Smelled like hell for a few days, but there is a good bead of silicone around all the joints!

I would have expected hell to smell more like sulfur and burning flesh than vinegar, but I've never been there, so I don't know.

What about using a brush on automotive bed liner or can of underspray? Just thinking out loud here.

Back