Diy stir plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobg83

Reaction score
Just whipped this up. Had everything around the house just spend a couple bucks on the power switch. I tested it with a screw and made a glass of koolaid. Just need to order a stir bar now.

image-1289853887.jpg

image-3249979686.jpg

Question is... what do you plan to do with the guitar strings? ;)
Looks good. FWIW, I didn't have much luck using hard drive magnets. They just wouldn't keep my stirbar centered. I'm an IT guy also, so I must've mutilated 5 different hard drives trying different magnets and configurations. I finally got sick of it and went to Ace and bought their super magnets that are around 3/4" diameter. Two of those and I was set.
Looks like you put the washer on your fan though like I did. that definitely helped in figuring out what works.

I also got bored and found a on-off-on switch in my misc parts box. So I dug out my box of resistors and made the upper position a high speed position and the lower a low speed. Middle is off...

Back