Bulk welded rack brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkryptit

Reaction score
Looking for any input on building an electric brew stand out of these components.

http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogD...k&storeId=10151&N=0&langId=-1&catalogId=10051

Looks like they are made to support quite a bit of weight. The only issue i can see is that you're probalby supposed to run at least two or three rows of shelves to give it any sort of rigidity.

Thinking of putting a shelf across the bottom for mounting pumps, one at the right height for the kettles, then a single support up top to stabilize everything

I'm sure they would be WAY stronger than you need and would work fine. If stability is an issue with only 2 shelves, then a simple "X" brace arrangement across the back side will really add rigidity. Something I've done on workbenches for the bracing is use 2 pieces of 1/2" EMT electrical conduit. Just flatten the ends and drill a hole and bolt them on. I also flattened the area where they cross so they don't bow out any. Cheap & sturdy!

Latest posts

Back