Brewroom Build!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, a fine looking GF who supports your "madness", and what is going to become a super cool brew room. Man am I jealous. Please keep the pictures coming, this is looking really great and the best of luck.

Work has "halted" for a little bit. I am still fighting with my brother to kick his loser ex- to the curb once and for all. He told me over 6 months ago that he knew they weren't right for eachother. But for some reason, he still goes running back to her any time she is in trouble.

She is a total pothead, has not held down a job in over 1 year 6 months, has no HS diploma, no goals, no drive, she steals money from my family, steals "stuff" from everyone (too much to list), she called my current GF a slut, to her face, about 1 month after we started dating... and yet my brother thinks she is progressing by leaps and bounds in maturity level... Right... I told him that I will be moving out and sticking him with the mortgage all by himself if he doesn't get rid of that loser, and that I hope he enjoys being penniless and living in a double wide for the rest of his life if he does decide to stick with that dumb druggy *****.

Therefore, I am not sure I want to continue living with my brother at our house, so I can't see dropping another dime on the "brewroom."

Almost makes me want to choke a *****... /Wayne Brady

I know what you are going through. Better to have it out with him now than to wait for him to figure it out on his own.... which wonlt be till year 10 of a marriage.

I know. We're still waitng for my Bro to figure it out. If he says they "understand each other", punch him in the nuts for me.

I am trying to have it out with him, and he won't listen to me eventhough I am the older brother. He has never seen me as the older wiser brother. He has the "I am more virtuous that you" attitude with me because he doesn't drink like I do. He, however, would if he didn't have a medical condition... that prevented him from doing it so much.

He thinks my girlfriend is going to leave me for someone else with more money.

His girlfriend won't leave him because she has no money of her own so she can't do anything but swing from branch to branch. And my brother has a little money, enough to "almost" support the both of them, so long as I take care of half the bills.

One of the issues is that EVERYONE, and I mean everyone is telling him to ditch the ***** because she is a drain to him and everyone else around. But you know what happens in that situation, he sees everyone ganging up on her so therefore, to rebel, he holds on that much tighter. He is the type that would bring in strays and thats what this girl is. A stray. There is a reason no one wants her around and thats because she freeloads and doesn't contribute one damn dime. I have spent easily over $1000 on her just in utility bills alone this past year due to her insane usage of electricity, gas, water, etc.

God forbid he knocks her up again. Oh my god I'd ****ing kill the little sonofabitch. (she had a miscarriage and HE told me that they were through, the only reason he was staying with her was because she was pregnant...)

Sounds like your bro needs to widen his horizons. There's no cure for the old girl like sleeping with the new girl :D.

Yeah, its too bad he is too close to the forest to see the trees...

It seriously sucks that I can't even stand to be at my own house when that beotch is there. I feel like I have to leave, but I don't want to because I don't want any of my stuff taken. Did I mention she is a thief?

You should go out and find him a hot, easy girl to open his eyes. I would have a very difficult time giving up that round doorway. I'm going to steal your idea as the door to my bar when I finally build it.

ok,

RedIrocZ-28 has been added to the growing list of people I hate. You suck

I guess the rooms ok though ;)

Haha thanks for the hatred! :D

I talked to my brother, looks like we are going to go ahead with the house and finish stuff. Although, we didn't discuss his ex- not coming over anymore. I think I should spring that on him as a stipulation or I am going to do absolutely nothing.

In hind sight my family thinks we should have had some one relocate my brother's GF to another continent. Too late, they got married. Now my family has big plans for a divorce party... we're just waiting for him to figure that all out.

Currently, it looks like my brother and I will be parting ways, possibly permanently. Sucks, cause I really wanted my own brewroom... oh well, onward and upward.

I'm going to regretfully have to begin the search for an apartment... I will not sit by idly as his c*nt of a GF ruins my relationship with my family, My GF, and tries to do a hostile takeover of the house I have sunk $10,000 into.

What a difference 2 weeks makes huh?

RedIrocZ-28 - Sorry to hear that and it really does suck, try to make the best of it and leave on as best terms as possible with your brother, sooner or later he hopefully will wake up and smell the stench.

RedIrocZ-28 - Sorry to hear that and it really does suck, try to make the best of it and leave on as best terms as possible with your brother, sooner or later he hopefully will wake up and smell the stench.

He will not wake up and smell the stench, he is the type that will take in strays. Fortunately not animal strays, but unfortunately women strays.

I don't want to make the best of it either, he has pissed me off numerous occasions over the past year and a half that I have lived there and that tells me I don't like him as a person, and were we not related by blood, I don't think that I would have hung on this long. For how smart he thinks he is, really all he has is a house that he would not be able to afford if I didn't contribute 1/2 of everything. Beyond that, he is a little kid, because he is dating a little kid IMO. A 25 year old should never under any circumstances be dating a 19 year old. Ever.

The best part is that everything in the house is mine. All the furniture etc. When I leave all that will be left is the dryer, fridge, the stove, microwave, 1 couch, and 1 tv. Everything else in the house, everything, is mine. pots, silverware, dishes, couches, tables, lamps, big tv, grill, lawnmower, washer lol... I swear I have said this in here before.

sorry to hear that bud... Do what you gotta do... I learned this in college through the roomies I lived with... Luckily you didnt go so far as I did...

I just finished up my undergrad and the week before it was over... I beat the living piss out of one of my roomates... in front of his gf... Both are idiots, who never cared about school, although somehow his gf graduated... go figure...

What set me off? Something pretty small actually, he drank half a case of my beer, not home brew, Duvel, the weekend I was gone... At around $80 a case that made me a little pissy, he said he didnt do it... I checked his room while he was down stairs found the subsequent bottlecaps and bottles, proceeded downstairs... stood him up... proceeded to put him down...

He moved out... tried to dick the landlord and eneded up being sued... lost, and now resides in the dorms...

Sorry your story seemed so familiar, figured I should tell you mine.

Good luck bud keep your head up. You are clearly good ppl if you value your family that much.

Making arrangements for a new place to lay my head at night.

I have decided after what happened last weekend, that it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

No details yet as to what or where, but something I can afford on my own, so I don't have to rely on a roommate. I am done living with other people that don't want me there, but seem to want my money.

We have talked about it a little, her moving in with me. What I want to do is make sure that I can afford it on my own, and if she ends up moving in with me, then so be it. It will be that much better for me financially. I don't want to imply that I don't see us going the distance, because its a definite possibility :D, its more that I want to not financially strap myself to the point that even with her there paying partial bill load, I am stuck still being broke. My pay rate is such that I make a base pay salary , plus commission. If I rely on commission then I can afford something nicer. If I don't take commission into account then I think thats a much more sane plan of action and more responsible of me.

Yeah Ogre, I have been poreing over that website for the past week and a half. Found a few gems, found some diamonds in the rough (neighborhoods), not sure what or where yet. But I need something that has a garage, a brew room, a yard, and possibly a bedroom.

Thanks!

We have talked about it a little, her moving in with me.

You have'nt lived with her yet?, Thats why you guys look so happy!:D Crap changes when you live with a person for a while. Me and my wife have been married for 10 years, and been together for 13, and man did I learn that the sweet girl that was my girlfriend, well, actually had hot pepper sauce running through her viens. Dont get me wrong, were really happy together, but it was one hell of a ride, good luck brother, I dont envy you!:D:mug:.

Wow did this thread take a turn for the worse. Sorry to hear man. Good luck with your search (it IS a buyer's market at least) and let us know where you end up.

I need something that has a garage, a brew room, a yard, and possibly a bedroom.

Glad to see your priorities are still in order.

Before you leave you could always turn that round door in to a giant goatse for all the love your brother shared.

+infinity!!! I'm thinking you could try painting the gripping hands on either end

Ouch! I haven't the words to express the sympathy. Women make guys do way to much stupid ****. At least you weren't too far into the brew room.

If it's any consolation, this happened to a great friend of mine and me. We are great friends again and he was the best man at my wedding, so maybe you and your bro will get through this. Not living together takes a lot of the strain away.

Besides, she'll give him crabs or the clap one too many times or something and he'll see the light.

I just read this whole tread and was kind shocked by the unhappy ending! I feel for you bro'. I have had to lose too many freinds to their crappy girlfriends so I know how you must feel.

GOOD LUCK! You still have us! :mug:

-Tripod

We have talked about it a little, her moving in with me. What I want to do is make sure that I can afford it on my own, and if she ends up moving in with me, then so be it. It will be that much better for me financially. I don't want to imply that I don't see us going the distance, because its a definite possibility :D, its more that I want to not financially strap myself to the point that even with her there paying partial bill load, I am stuck still being broke. My pay rate is such that I make a base pay salary , plus commission. If I rely on commission then I can afford something nicer. If I don't take commission into account then I think thats a much more sane plan of action and more responsible of me.

This is a great idea. When we were looking I was making a lot of over time pay. Working average 55 hours a week for the year. It would have been easy to buy a house or other toys based off that steady over time pay, but it was still overtime no matter how steady. I've since switched jobs in the company and don't travel and more therefore have no more overtime. I'm glad I never took on any bills banking on that.

Back