Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > 1/2 Barrel fridge suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
JONNYROTTEN
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default 1/2 Barrel fridge suggestions

I already have a DIY kegerator I built with all the help from the forum.But it only holds 2 cornys.Im looking for an off the shelf fridge that will hold a 1/2 barrel I can convert to a kegorator without ripping it apart.Been searching the web for days and cant find anything.Dont want a full size fridge.Any help would be GREAT!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
fall-line
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 14

That's going to be a tough order, if you are looking for a 'mini' fridge. All of the ones in that size/shape that I have seen that can take a 1/2 barrel are commercial kegerators, and more expensive.

That being said, check craigslist for things like used commercial merchandizing fridges. They come in all sizes and don't usually have the compressor 'hump' taking up floor space. They are often more expensive, but if you are patient you can find them cheap. Good luck, and enjoy your beer.

"Brewing beer is a fun and rewarding hobby. When you do good, you get beer. When you do bad, you get beer. It's a lot like rec league softball"
(source)

Building a home brewery (and garage) from the ground up

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply