longtrail blackberry wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvr2low

Reaction score
anyone have this? bought some last night hoping for something good as i thought i liked wheat beers with fruit, SA cherry wheat is one of my favorites. i also like UFO hef, hoegarden and a few others. now im new to beer, outside of the normal bud/labatte stuff but this stuff is not good. it doesnt even come off as a wheat to me, more of a coors light with one tiny blackberry in it. is there some sort style of wheat that has no real wheat flavor or color?

I bought a Long Trail sampler pack and it had some of the Blackberry Wheat in it. Tried 1 bottle - Yuk! I put the others out for guests over the holidays but there were no takers! Next stop is the trash. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of wheat w/ fruit beers, but this is one of the worst. It's surprising because I love most of Long Trail's other beers.

I made a blackberry Wheat and everyone at work loves it. I've given out almost a case of it.

Just make a wheat and add 1 4 oz bottle fo the flavoring you get at the local HBS.

I don't care for it much, but...;)

I bought a Long Trail sampler pack and it had some of the Blackberry Wheat in it. Tried 1 bottle - Yuk! I put the others out for guests over the holidays but there were no takers! Next stop is the trash. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of wheat w/ fruit beers, but this is one of the worst. It's surprising because I love most of Long Trail's other beers.

i like good fruit wheats, thought this one would be, boy was i wrong! i do have 6 more bottles for my next batch though.

I made a blackberry Wheat and everyone at work loves it. I've given out almost a case of it.

Just make a wheat and add 1 4 oz bottle fo the flavoring you get at the local HBS.

I don't care for it much, but...;)

SWMBO likes the fruit beers so I'm thinking about making a fruit wheat for the summer. I'll look for a good wheat recipe and add the flavoring. Or even better maybe I'll split the batch and make 1/2 with the flavor and 1/2 without.

SWMBO likes the fruit beers so I'm thinking about making a fruit wheat for the summer. I'll look for a good wheat recipe and add the flavoring. Or even better maybe I'll split the batch and make 1/2 with the flavor and 1/2 without.

im thinking about splitting my current wheat thats fermenting. im thinking raspberry but not sure yet.

Back