JP Bam Noire - Cellaring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutchinator

Reaction score
I just picked up my second case of Jolly Pumpkin - after loving the Noel de Calabaza last Christmas time. Still have two bottles of that in my cellar - with a batch date of May 2010.

Question I have now - is that the case I picked up last night is Bam Noire (August 2010 batch). The store had some "newer" cases - April and May 2011; but I decided to go with one of the more mature ones.

They told me I could exchange it for a newer batch if I did not open the case - which I haven't yet.

I will likely try to cellar a few bottles - but wasn't sure how long this would keep. Would it make sense to exchange this for a younger case? Or is the one I have worth keeping?

Thanks in advance

The funk in this brew is subtle... It will get more funky and carbonated over time. It's really up to you and what you are after.

I had my first bottle and it was really good - not as funky as the Noel, but definitely a smoother funk. Going to cellar and check out every few weeks.

Back