Hobgoblin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
I heard this Hobgoblin stuff is awesome and I wanted to try one, but is a half liter bottle really worth 25 bucks on ebay?

NO. It is a great beer, but not that great. It shouldn't be that hard to find either, from what i've seen it's readily available in many areas.

Got a link to the auction? I did a search but didn't find any that were $25 ...

I can get them for $5 near me ..... but it's definitely not worth $25 in my opinion.

bashe, what carousel are you talking about, the only store i know that goes by that name is the one on the west end of panama city beach. Is that where your talking about and if so I didn't know they had a beer selection like that i've only been in there a few times and was hammered.

You can find Hobgoblin in many stores- and while it's a good English ale, it may be skunked since the bottles are clear. You can sometimes find singles for reasonable prices. Definitely NOT worth $25!

That's the one I'm talking about. They have a pretty nice beer selection, lots of stuff I could not find anywhere else.
I was born in PC and lived there untill about 3 years ago.

Hey Bashe since you used to live here and are a beer brewer do you remember anymore places to get good beer. Seems to me like its almost impossible to find the stuff that we like here. I hate that you moved before they got our hofbrau built its pretty neat.

You can find Hobgoblin in many stores- and while it's a good English ale, it may be skunked since the bottles are clear. You can sometimes find singles for reasonable prices. Definitely NOT worth $25!

Au contraire. I found a brown pint bottle of Hobgoblin a couple of weeks ago and it was well worth the $4 I plunked down.:D

I would always go to the food world liquor store on 23rd but its gone now. Publix in Lynn Haven seemed to have a nice selection. But there are allot of liquor store around. I can not get anything above 6% ABV and I can't get anything in larger bottles.

+1 on not buying it for $25. I can get it for about $5 for a large bottle (not sure just how big it is, but 2 pint glasses whatever that is). It is good stuff though. If I didn't have access to a Class 6 store (military liquor store) it would be hard to find around here (dry county and all :( ) <rant> they call it "dry" but some towns here have liquor stores and some don't. WTF is the point in that? </rant>

Orfy's clone is wicked though. well worth trying out.

Terje

Picked up a 1/2liter brown bottle of Hobgoblin for under $4 from the local grocery store yesterday.
I want to compare it to the clone I brewed using Orfy's recipe.

I've had it before and it is a good beer but not worth any where near $25. I would not spend $4 a bottle for it on a regular basis.

Craig

Back