Groelsch Amber Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I saw a billboard for Groelsch amber ALE this morning. What is up with that? Why would they make an amber ale as their dark or amber offering? Marketing I imagine. No idea how it tastes, probably never will, but it did strike me as odd.

I have the brown bottles too. Did not remember they had an amber before. I was just struck by the fact they were making an ale. Seems odd to me.

I say the sign and thought, "Now that has to be the work of the marketing department, cause from a brewer's point of view it makes no sense."

i've had a few of them. if we prize lagers for their clean flavor and ales for their complex notes of fruit,butterscotch etc then it tastes like a lager. a little sweet, not much in the area of complex flavors. it made me wonder if they used caramel coloring in it

I'll second the Blonde. It's a good palate cleanser in between thicker, heavier beers, like browns and stouts...

:cross:

Back