Feast of Fools!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery Sword

Reaction score
I went to school up in Burlington VT years back (for a bit!) and I always remember buying up cases of their Feast of Fools beer around the holidays. It was a strict seasonal....usually I only saw it at the brewery itself (while filling up growlers!!).

Does anyone know if there are more specfic dates where this brew becomes availabe - or if it is available right now? Any Burlington scouts?!? I'd make the drive up if I could get my hands on some.....plus I could really bring back some memories with a few buddies if i showed up with some Braggot!

Anyone had this beer - what are your thoughts? I remember it being dark, almost black, with a loaf-of-bread caliber head. Huge chocolate/cocoa flavor with noticeable rasberry taste and aroma. The clincher for me was that for all the "stout-ness" of this beer, it had a relatively light mouthfeel and body....as said for a super dark and loaded-down holiday stout. Oh to get my hands on some again!!!!! :cross:

somehow, in my excitement, i forgot to mention that Magic Hat was the brewer!!!! (but you all knew that :) )

Never had it, but looks good (just went to BeerAdvocate to check it out). It's a Magic Hat beer, they say it's available in the winter so I'd save the trip for right now. Looks very cool, looks like it comes in a champaign bottle. I'll keep my eyes open for it around me.

Back