Deschutes 20th Anneversary Wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWernBrewer

Reaction score
Anybody else try this? I have picked a couple of bottles up, it is my favorite beer labeled a wit. Lots of flavor and delicious. I should pick up another and try a more formal/complete write up - but for now I just wanted to say that they were good.

I have one in the 'fridge... I'll try to crack it this week.

Please do post your tasting notes!

Eric
PS.. got a Black Butte XX Porter, too!

Ahhh! very refreshing beer!

I am not a fan of american wheats, but do enjoy a Paulaner or Franzikaner once in a while. This Wit is clean and spicy. Not sure how to describe... not a wordsmith, and need more reading on tasting notes from others on beers I know. However, hints of spices like cloves and coriander hit me, and the beer finishes clean leaving a spicy aftertaste that is really pleasant.

Oh, and the burps afterwards are wonderful! Wit gas.... mmmmmmm!

Eric

I'm pretty bummed. I just opened it and it is skunkier than a Heineken. It is terrible. Like marijuana skunky.

I have heard that this particular liquor store likes to leave beer in the hot storage room when they don't have room in the fridge for it, but I have never gotten a bad bottle from them before.
Well I have now. I don't even want to finish this thing, it's awful. I'll have to buy another one elsewhere and give it another try.

Yeah, no skunk in mine. I know a few stores in the Boise area I avoid due to having the beer area exposed to the sun... beats in pretty hard.

Good beer! Find another one!

Latest posts

Back