which beers to request from oregon or all US?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterfuse

Reaction score
so my mates from my abroad college in oregon are visiting me in Ireland and i want to take this opportunity for them to bring some good american craft brew with them.

So far the ones i remember and loved are:
Rogue Shakespeare stout
full sail amber(pale?) ale
ropewalk amber ale
alaskan amber
fat tire
kona longboard lager

any other suggestions of great american craft brews available in oregon that they could bring over with them? maybe a good ipa? Thanks

I'll second the Deschutes Black Butte Porter, and add their Mirror Pond Pale Ale as a good example of pale ale from this side of the pond.

Ah, never been there. I couldn't imagine a place without DFH 60/90 Minute IPA. Maybe they should get some?

He did say 'or all US' as well; I figured I'd throw it out there so he could try one of the most delicious of all things IPA.

The best IPA I've had (and I've been sampling voraciously over the past year) is Stone's Ruination IPA. It's made near San Diego, CA so should be available in Oregon. Better than Dogfish Head's 90 Minute IPA, IMO.

You can buy DFH 90 minute IPA here, but they're based in Delaware I believe. I would suggest anything from a McMenamin's. They sell their draft beer in 22 oz bombers.

Anything from Rogue is good too.

Back