What a woman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
The wife went with me to the brew store today. I bought 50 lbs of two row and had a couple of recipes worth of grains I needed crushed....she grabbed the grains while I was getting more supplies and crushed 33 pounds of grain for me with a hand crank!!!! PLUS she plays clean up crew for my brew days!!!

Helpful wives are an important part of the brew team. (Especially here, since the team is just the two of us.) I had a boil over with a 2 gal extract brew once because I kind of got distracted by a big play UA had just made and was watching the replay. Our stove is on an island, so that sticky stuff ran over both sides of the counter and down the cabinet doors and onto the floor. I panicked and slid the pot off the burner too hard, which spilled more stuff. I had that syrup stringing from me to the pot, the floor, to the sink faucet and cabinets BEHIND me that were not even in the line of fire.

As I was trying to quietly clean it up before she saw it, she yelled from the back of the house, "Don't worry...I'm coming to save my kitchen." A woman's intuition....she knew something was wrong in the kitchen without my having to say anything.

ehh....come to think of it, there were some sizzling sounds and a scorched odor, so maybe it was her senses instead of her intuition.

Just a couple of years ago, she was a wine and margarita girl, and did not like any kind of beer. Now, she's a big homebrew fan and likes a stout as much as I. It takes awhile for non-beer drinkers to acquire a taste for a dark or real hoppy beer, so I am proud of her. She's usually the first one to sample a new batch, too.

:mug: Here's to all of the good wives, girlfriends, companions, on brew day! It is just one more thing to enjoy as a couple.

Lucky guy. My wife doesn't have a problem with me brewing, but that is where it stops. She doesn't want to hear me talk about the magic of yeast or how cool it will be to make my favorite beers. No interest what so ever. But, that is what HBT is for, right? hahaha

Nice! My wife doesn't like beer at all, and hates the smell of beer and the entire brewing process. Yet she helps me often when cleaning bottles or bottling. Yesterday we were in Milwaukee so I stopped at the Northern Brewer store and she came in with me. Although she covered her nose most of the time, she insisted that we get some PET bottles (for poolside this summer), and also a NB shirt!

Nice! My wife doesn't like beer at all, and hates the smell of beer and the entire brewing process. Yet she helps me often when cleaning bottles or bottling.

Sounds exactly like my wife. She is very supportive of my hobby, and will slide away from me when i am drinking beer because of the hop aroma. She has tried a couple of my brews and hated every one, with the comment "I hear it is an acquired taste, but I don't care to acquire a taste for that!"

I came home lastnight and my wife had surprised me with a sixpack of Hopsecutioner...and she had some for herself...she loves all aspects of beer...she is awesome!!!

That's very cool. I know that part of what's gotten me so into brewing is my wife's enthusiasm for it. It caught me by surprise (she's more a wine person usually) and made my first batch disappear twice as fast but has really supported each batch since.

She brewed her first beer a couple of weeks ago and it's fermenting right now. I really hope it comes out well because there's a lot riding on it ;)

Very nice. My wife is also extremely supportive and will help if asked, but she has never liked beer. I can even get away with going into great detail about some aspect of the brewing process, but when her eyes glaze over then I know i have to hop on HBT or call my brother! :cross:

My wife will ask me something different every day. "Can we sanitize some bottles? When are we going to make another batch? Did you get another keg setup yet?"

It's great to have your wife be so helpful and enthusiastic about brewing. :mug:

SWMBO stopped responding to the whip shortly after vows . . . . maybe it's in the delivery?:(
whip.gif

Back